General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Ordering parts online

Old 06-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Buttermin is on a distinguished road
Default Ordering parts online

Just wondering what are some of the better websites for ordering parts.
Only one i found with a solid selection is LMC truck.com but ive read alot of bad reviews about them.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about
Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Buttermin
Just wondering what are some of the better websites for ordering parts.
Only one i found with a solid selection is LMC truck.com but ive read alot of bad reviews about them.
what bad reviews have you read about LMC truck? I have ordered many things from them and received the correct part very fast.
The thing is, I personally take negative reviews on a good well known site with a grain of salt. When people get a product that they do not like, they get mad, then they are like "I must go online and bitch about this"
People who are happy with their part usually put it in, and that is that, they do not think to take the time to go online to write a good review, that is why there is so many negative reviews online over positive.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 PM
mikeblazzer is on a distinguished road

DO NOT BUY PARTS OFF EBAY!!! I just did my clutch,pressure plate, slave cylinder, clutch cylinder, trans mount, and one engine mounts, I was going to do both.The nightmare parts were the engine mounts. mounting hole not drilled center and the brackets on the top of them was a half inch off. And the one mount put on had to modified to get on.

My lesson learned. Buy GM and sometimes its worth it in the end. Nightmare project almost done.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:50 PM

Most of the reviews was of the Quality of parts they received and the amount of time it took. I ended up ordering off it because it was the only place that had the parts i needed that shipped to canada. I am currently waiting for an email about shipping cost. How was their service for you?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Rock Auto, Amazon, Ebay (Factory GM Parts, NOS Items), GM Parts Direct, LMC.

Ebay - Depends on the vendor and if the part is OEM or NOS. (Check Feedback Rating)
LMC - No problems with the company (shipping is a little high)lot of parts are aftermarket and may not be equivelent to OEM Quality. Good Source for hard to find parts.
Rock Auto - Very good, shipping costs might make Amazon a better deal.
Amazon - Very good, especially with free shipping and no tax.
GM Dealers selling parts on line - Price + Shipping costs have to compare. (OEM Parts)

I always compare Ebay, Rock Auto & Amazon when I am looking on line.
NOS = New Old Stock.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:38 PM

My order was placed but its saying current status COMPLETE ONLY-FRT CHGS TO CS. anyone know how long it usualy takes to receive the email with the shipping cost so i can confirm it and get my order its been a few days