General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Overasked

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road
Default Overasked

Well I realize this has been asked before with the same answers, its to expensive, not worth it, no one has really ever pulled it off. Well I'm going to ask the same question, just with a little twist.... Can I make my normal 2dr blazer a ZR2? Though this is just an idea i've been picking around with, would it be plausible to take a zr2 frame, and put my blazers engine, tranny, transfercase, and body, (and all other needed parts like wiring and so forth) on it? I imagine it would work, it just a matter of the mounting points lining up. So give me your feedback, would something like this work? (oh and btw I will not sell my baby for a zr2, she is mine and im emotionally attached to it, Just wanna give her a little upgrade)
PS. Shackles and tb crank just aint gonna cut it due to their ability to wear out front end parts, and no body lift either just dont like it so lets not talk about those.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Starting Member
red06sc is on a distinguished road

im new to the blazer world, what is so different about a zr2 vs. a normal blazer?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:13 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

If your blazer is a 4 door the body won't fit obviously (if your sig says if ur blazer is 2dr or 4dr sorry can't see it) but everything else would fit like engine tranny and transfer case I would immagin. Oh and red06 a ZR2 is a 2 inch factory lifted 2 door blazer with wider axles and 31 inch tires stock. In other words a factory bad *** 2 door blazer. Not to say all the rest aren't bad *** cause they are :P

Old 07-26-2011, 05:13 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

zanders,

i would think it best that you buy a zr2 and drop your body onto that frame, then rebuild your current engine and tranny then swap them into the zr2 frame that you dropped your body onto then sell what you dont want in spare parts.

i think that this would be WAY more expensive than it needs to be but your baby is your baby.

tbar crank doesnt do that much damage unless you go crazy with it anyways.

i would think you would be better served though to get zr2 axles and swap them onto your baby.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Beginning Member
All Star is an unknown quantity at this point

You can do anything if you have the money and the time for it, but I ask why?

In my opinion, why not just go out and find a ZR2?

Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

Warthog, if i run my blazer as a DD what how much faster would the front end parts, mainly cv, wear out?

-And All star, like i stated earlier i will not purchase a zr2, to replace My Baby, I feel comfortable in it, I dont know i guess its just something about a guy and his first truck