General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Overhead console swap Bravada to Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overhead console swap Bravada to Blazer?

I have a 2000 4-door 4x4 LT Blazer. Id like to have the MPG reading in the overhead console display like some Bravadas/Blazers/Jimmys had. Can I use one of these full feature overhead consoles? How difficult would the wiring conversion be? The Bravada consoles Im thinking of are short, as to accommodate a sunroof, but thats ok, Im capable of modding it to look stock.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Overhead console swap Bravada to Blazer?

You can get a full feature overhead console from a Blazer or Jimmy as well. As far as wiring, hopefully you have everything up there. If not, I remember posting the wiring diagrams and connector views a long while back. There was also some other schematics posted about graphing in a newer console into an older vehicle.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:45 PM

Cool, thanks. So I guess its also possible that I could find one thats the longer kind like mine, designed for no sunroof? Or did the full feature ones only come with the sunroof option?

Does anyone know if this one is a full feature?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Old 09-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is possible to find a long console with the trip computer.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I don't think the one in that ebay link has the mpg or avg spd. The seller only states it as having a temperature read out rather than the rest of the features like you want.

The one with all the features will have two buttons. US/MET and MODE. As shown HERE

Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

You can have a long or short OHC with trip computer. Blazers with LT trim usually had the computer. If you already have the long OHC, swapping in a trip computer OHC should be plug n play. If not, you just have to run 2 wires down from the roof. The big problem is when you have a bone stock base blazer with no OHC or no display at all...and you want to put up a trip computer. Then you have to run each wire, to each sensor, independently. Or buy a premade harness.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:23 PM

Mine's an LT, but doesn't have the OHC computer. Seems like even if I bought a short OHC that I could swap the internals to my long one. I don't know...

Thanks otnietdehoooo for showing me.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:40 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Yea it was probably still an option on the LTs then. I was considering the same thing. Every long OHC I've found doesn't quite look as clean/undamaged as my current one. It does look like it could just swap right out. It'd pretty much be the display and the buttons..

Old 09-25-2008, 05:56 PM

Will this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-up...mZ140269580011 work for swapping the internals to my long casing? I think I'm going to try it...

Old 09-25-2008, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran

That's what you need to try it! Not too bad of a price at all for trying a swap. Post some pics of the internals please when you get it

Quick Reply: Overhead console swap Bravada to Blazer?