General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

paint my bowtie black

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Beginning Member
GetNice24 is on a distinguished road

yep. it was rustoleum indoor/outdoor multi purpose paint. semi gloss black. I was thinkin about scuffing it up a little to help the paint hold better but i decieded not to incase i ever wanna change my mind.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good man, I did mine a good while ago but I used several coats of the VHT nightshades cause thats all I had left, but now after seeing yours up close I kinda wish I would have used actual paint......

Old 12-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Beginning Member

thanks jon ! im sure you can still go over with a rattlecan and it will come out good, i was going to do multiple coats also but i was too but i was too impatient lol. mine is just a few swipes and i popped it back in.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:16 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bigjon1
Looks good man, I did mine a good while ago but I used several coats of the VHT nightshades cause thats all I had left, but now after seeing yours up close I kinda wish I would have used actual paint......
lol. That's all I had on hand, also. I gotta go to the store.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

prob gonna paint mine black this weekend

might just paint the entire grill

Old 12-29-2009, 03:55 AM
Beginning Member

nice brian, that'll prolly look real good against the red, and tie in with the black rims. i was thinkin about doing my grille also. let us see how it comes out when your done

Old 12-29-2009, 05:12 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I painted my grille black. It turned out really good. I was really happy with the results.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:01 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

The black bowtie looks cool I think the grille inserts would look mean black also. Do you guys in the states have to run those amber lenses cause clears would make it look mean

Old 12-29-2009, 06:14 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bad Attitude
The black bowtie looks cool I think the grille inserts would look mean black also. Do you guys in the states have to run those amber lenses cause clears would make it look mean
You can put clears on here in NA. The only requirement (at least here) is that there is an orange reflector and bulb somewhere in it. It may vary in the US though and from state to state.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:22 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Getnice24 - pics were taken at Smiths Point Park? Looks a little familiar..I`m from the area also, 20 minutes or so from ya...

Quick Reply: paint my bowtie black