General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Painted my swirlies!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:35 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Painted my swirlies!!

Looks very nice. I never really liked the swirles before, but now that you painted them they look awesome. It looks like maybe I'll have to make a trip down your way to get mine painted **Wink,wink**, jk thats a long drive and I can probably manage them myself to. You should write up a designated How-To after you are done. They look a lot better. I just have to figure out how to do it to my 4x4 rims.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:41 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Might as well since I have one rim left to go. Maybe this time it will get sticky status at least.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:43 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Looks reallll good! It really brings out the stripe on the side of your blazer too. And lennyblazer I was thinkin about painting the 4x4 rims...but couldn't figure out where to stop the paint! I was considering painting the sloped parts black and making it look like a narrow 5-spoke rim...butttttt I ended up getting a set of Rock Crawlers..ohh well.

I'd be interested to see a write up on this if it put emphasis on the prep work and finishing steps. I'm sure I could handle masking/spray painting...but all that wet sanding stuff...man I'm no good at body work.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Starting Member
BlackBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

how long did it take you?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:34 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Mine are already black

Looks good though, makes them look sooooo much better

Old 03-27-2008, 10:13 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

look nice, looks aftermarket now.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:38 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

yeah I almost did a doble take on the swirlies they look aftermarket and look pretty sweet. Yeah I have the 5 spoke 4x4 wheels not the LT styled wheels so its difficult to figure out what to paint. Guess i should take a picture and go into photoshop or something. I thought about painting the entire rim like a drack gray/charcol, but I am not sure how that will look.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, my rims look exactly like the ones that otnietdehoooo has . I was thinking of maybe changing them, but I think I will just leave them black. Also, dose anybody know where I can get repacement disks that cover the lugs? Whoever owned my Blazer before me mangled mine all up.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:40 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks real good brent. Nice low cost way to set off your Blazer...

Old 03-27-2008, 02:39 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet

Quick Reply: Painted my swirlies!!