General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

PARTS NIGHTMARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 05:13 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: PARTS NIGHTMARE

Well the story got better. As the guy at the tire shop is begining to mount the first tire onto my rims HE RIPS THE BEAD! So now I am waiting again! I am on the hunt for new 31" a/t. Hopefully I can find a set either new or near new for a decent price.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:26 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

If they ripped the bead putting it on ,,,, Y are you searching for a tire?????? they should be getting a tire.....

Old 03-08-2008, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

The guy at the tire shop should have to replace the tire, since he did RIP THE BEAD!!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Did you get the shackles in? Man, hopefully ya can get this stuff done soon without much more hassle.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:02 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya i agree w/ everyone else they "broke" it so they have to fix it or buy u a new one sorta deal

Old 03-08-2008, 07:31 PM
1995_MT_BLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point

wow quite a story. and ya they should definitely replace the tire if they ripped the bead. i know we would where i work

Old 03-11-2008, 05:44 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me clarify. I am a marine as most know, and on base we have a place called an auto hobby shop. All it is, is a giant garage that we can go in there and use the lifts and whatever tools we may need. Well they also have a tire section there where guys that work there HAVE TO mount and dismount your tires for you if need be. And being that it was done on base and not in a shop the guy pretty much was just like my bad and thats that. But this works out in the end. I am buying brand new bfg a/t tonight. Those are the tires that I originally wanted, but was going to wait until those other tires wore out. I will keep you all updated.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:29 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

oooo ok that makes more sense now but glad it worked out for u!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:00 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Got to love those auto hobby shops. I just got out of the Air Force not to long ago and know what you are talking about. Boy do I miss having one. On my base they let me dothe tire mounting and balancingmyself though. Did it myself no problem.

Still waiting on my truck, you may still yet beat me.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I'm catching up to y'all with the problems..

After putting on my new tires and lifting the T-bars a bit, I went to get an alignment like a responsible vehicle owner, and apparently my favored tire shop can't grip the rim because of the General Grabber's rim protecting guard. So I've been trying to track down a shop that is geared towards trucks, but the only one i've found so far is 4 wheel parts, and they're crazy expensive.

Then, after like 15 miles, I blew my passenger side CV joint. I'm getting my body lift within the next couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll fare a bit better than you guys [&:]

Quick Reply: PARTS NIGHTMARE