General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

The parts are rolling in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oktain
The LED's are coming from ebay too... 194 spec inverted blue LEDs for guage cluster, #37 inverted blue LEDs for the HVAC, and a bunch of small blue 12v LEDs from China for all the other lights. I'm thinking of putting a red bow tie in the center of the tach while I'm at it.
That's how man. Gotta pull everything apart, and the 12v LED's needed to be soldered onto the circuit boards of the switches.

I don't know if these bulbs meet the specs of your year of truck though. You'll have to find out what bulbs go in your gauge cluster and HVAC controls from the dealer.

And Alex, no problem with them at night, It's not a harsh blue like the wolksvagen's lol.

Last edited by oktain; 09-16-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:16 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Just put my order in for low and high beam HID's (9005 and 9006 respectively). I can't freakin wait! I saw luvmytj's pictures and I preferred the contrast level offered by the stock HID's on his Escalade, it offers more contrast and would probably be better in the snow, so 5000K it is! As much as I would have liked a tinge of blue from the 6000k's, they seemed to "burn out" the detail of the surface they're lighting a little more than the 5000's

Old 11-29-2009, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Sweeeet. Can't wait to see those installed. I'm waiting to get mine until I can get a set for both my headlights and my fogs. I want to get them together...but thats also a $120 purchase lol.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:59 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

As much as I would have liked a tinge of blue from the 6000k's, they seemed to "burn out" the detail of the surface they're lighting a little more than the 5000's
yeah, we've got to give props to LuvMyTJ for pointing that out, as i to was planning to go with the 6000K bulbs as well. just gotta wait a little 'til i get mine-since ordering all 3 sets right before Christmas is guaranteed way to irritate the wife. sure hope they're still a sponsor after Christmas.

looking forward to seeing them installed.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:52 PM
BF Veteran

They have been for a while... I would e-mail Michelle at info@hidextra.com and tell her you're getting them shipped north of the border. She'll send you a paypal bill because shipping isn't calculated to Canada on their website.

If you don't have paypal... get it lol.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

They have been for a while... I would e-mail Michelle at info@hidextra.com and tell her you're getting them shipped north of the border. She'll send you a paypal bill because shipping isn't calculated to Canada on their website.

If you don't have paypal... get it lol.
yeah, that's why i'm hoping they'll stick around for a bit more.

and i've chated with Michelle already about an order, i'm just waiting for the cash. and i have a PayPal account-thanks to eBay!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

How much is shipping to Canada from them anyway? I was curious about that. I thought I had read somewhere it was an extra $35?

Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 PM
BF Guru

i think you're right Alex. that's why i had asked Pat what the total S&H was on his order.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran

I also saw he said his set cost a total of 168$?? Where did that amount come from? I sure hope 1 set isn't that much...55$ + 113$??

Old 11-30-2009, 07:04 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Sisk
I also saw he said his set cost a total of 168$?? Where did that amount come from? I sure hope 1 set isn't that much...55$ + 113$??
That's because I bought 2 kits... + shipping ($58bucks for the 2, $35 for just one) to bring it north of the border, it cost me 168 USD... I was thinking of getting a kit from the same shop that I got my audio stuff done, but I decided to price around.

I'm glad I did, for JUST the low beams it would have cost me 120bucks CAD and then install on top of that. It would have been another 120 bucks if I wanted my high beams done for that kit and then plus some more cash to install that.

*WARNING RANT ALERT*
Another thing, after the mess the kid installing my deck made of my dash... I didn't want to let him anywhere near my truck again. I went back the next day after getting my deck installed because when I went to pull my dash apart to set up my Ipod/XM input, (VIA 2 aux inputs, an extension from my XM receiver into the cubby hole under my deck, and then the aux input cable plugs into that and goes to the deck. If I want my iPod, I unplug the connector in the cubby hole which disables my XM, and plug my iPod/cellphone in. Essentially speaking I could have full handsfree in my truck with my cell phone if I wanted now too.) I realized they didn't put any screws back into my dash bezel, and I wondered why I had a squeak in my dash when I was leaving. I got pissed and once I cooled off, I called the place and he told me to come on in... I brought it back, half an hour later I had my screws back in my dash (not the original ones either :@).

Then leaving,
my deck quit working... "WTF?!" I strolled back in and told the guy, "hey, for some reason my deck just stopped working." So after fiddling around, the guy had to pull my dash apart AGAIN to figure out the harness had come loose.

Now I go home, pull my dash apart because I wanted to finish my iPod/XM setup since I was so rudely cut off. Pulling the deck out (mount and all) I realize WHY my harness had come loose. The asshat who installed my deck never placed the harness, he just unceremoniously SHOVED the deck in and wherever the harness ended up, kinked or not is where it was... he didn't give 2 sh*ts. Now I was mad, and from here on out, I promised myself that I'd buy the parts from the guy (Not the owner's fault all this happened, and he's a friend of my dad's) but install was going to be done by ME. That, or I'll pull the dash apart THEN take it to them next time.

Rant over

Quick Reply: The parts are rolling in!