General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

The parts are rolling in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010 | 09:31 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

You could replace the light sensor for your autolights with a wire. That way your headlights will turn on when you start the truck.

Old 03-07-2010 | 09:40 PM
|
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I've emailed Michelle to see what her solution is... I'm hoping it's just the type of Ballast I was sent...

Old 03-07-2010 | 09:42 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I wonder if it's just because the DRL system isn't a high enough voltage for the lights to work.

Old 03-07-2010 | 10:28 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

DRL's as far as I know it are high beams on low power so they're in your face presentable but not offending

a guy on here had DRL's in high beam & said he had no issues

I'd love that ... having 4300K or 5000K high beams WITH the DRL... <-- Canadian too
& super high beams on the highway

<edit> I've heard of a ballast or a "fix" for that in the form of a resistor i think, a $40 option on another HID site that'll work with HID's in a DRL scenerio

gotta google that again i suppose

Last edited by Rottidog; 03-07-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-08-2010 | 06:51 AM
|
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm over it, I pulled them out yesterday and I'm sticking with good old Halogen's for the Highbeams so I'm not butchering my wiring harness, and so I could still pass an inspection...

Had I known that DRL's wouldn't have worked I would have saved myself 60 bucks...

Last edited by oktain; 03-08-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2010 | 10:16 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oktain
I'm over it, I pulled them out yesterday and I'm sticking with good old Halogen's for the Highbeams so I'm not butchering my wiring harness, and so I could still pass an inspection...

Had I known that DRL's wouldn't have worked I would have saved myself 60 bucks...
are these the 9005's? What temp? Classifieds?

Old 03-08-2010 | 10:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Pat...I might buy those off you...if not I know a bunch of people looking for a set.

Old 03-08-2010 | 10:40 AM
|
BF Veteran

Cool, lemme know, I'm looking to break close to even seeing as they weren't installed for a very long time... a couple hours actually because when I realized I was driving around town illegally I yanked them out.

Old 03-08-2010 | 05:12 PM
|
BF Veteran

Okay, I'm going to post up a Classifieds add in a bit, I have to figure out how much $$$ I wanna ask lol, that and I'm running out to get some 9005's off a 2007 Sierra to try and match brightness for my high beams...

They are 9005, 5000k Crystal White.
Here they are packaged up to be sent out to the buyer (Yes they are for sale), There's a few small scratches and dents on one ballast from shipping (occured somewhere between HIDextra and my front door) but they still work the way they should

Pictures all packaged up, they weren't installed for very long.

Instructions that came with them are included, along with the original packaging.

Great contrast!

Old 03-08-2010 | 05:28 PM
|
BF Veteran

Classified add is up:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...574#post309574

I'm going to wait until dark to take pictures of the lights from outside the truck... for some reason that's the only thing I didn't do last night. And then I'll do the whole "how to" here in my thread.

Quick Reply: The parts are rolling in!