General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

PCM Tuning Company?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Beginning Member
edavison is on a distinguished road
Default Black Bear Performance?

Anybody ever use them? How are the prices and how do they operate? Turn around time? Thanks a lot.....also do you thinki id see more noticeable power because i have a stick shift?

Last edited by edavison; 12-23-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Black Bear Performance does this. It isn't cheap though.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Beginning Member
1997 tricky1 is on a distinguished road

pcm 4 less did mine 190.00 round trip and what a difference,it took three days and i had it back

Old 12-24-2010, 03:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by edavison
Anybody ever use them? How are the prices and how do they operate? Turn around time? Thanks a lot.....also do you thinki id see more noticeable power because i have a stick shift?

what's your ride?

Old 12-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This is how the post read when I responded this morning...
Does anybody know the company name that sends you software and you plug in the software and laptop into your vehicle then drive around for a week and send the data back for a truly custom tune?
As far as the edit:
Many people have used them. Not so much here, but the fullsize guys love Black Bear Performance. I'm not going to go the full custom route for my Tahoe, but I will use their traditional tune.

I used PCM for Less on my '04 Rainier, but I kept my stock PCM and paid the core charge. They had the tuned PCM in my hands within a few days of ordering.

For more precise information, you will need to provide some vehicle details... Also, you may want to just email them.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for the info Kyle.

it all makes more sense now.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Beginning Member

I have and 03 ZR2 Blazer stick shift...and i know it will be more money but it will be a truly custom tune. The only mods i plan on doing is the CAI thats on its way and then this. I just wanted these two and get the most hp out of it because thats all im planning to do (350 swap in summer)

Old 12-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Administrator

I would save your money for the 350 swap if that's the case. I definitely wouldn't be doing a custom tune.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Beginning Member

Well Im not completly sure if we're doing the 350 swap yet or not. I just wanted more power right now.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:05 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Wait IMO... If you decide not to do the 350 swap you'll probably want a tune for that... and I know Blackbear won't retune for engine swaps anymore... Too many fullsize guys were upgrading to the 6.0's and getting free tunes for it, and it's like retuning a different vehicle for the company.

Quick Reply: PCM Tuning Company?