General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Plowing

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 PM
2000_BlzrLT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plowing

With winter being only about 5 months away i was thinking of buying a used plow for my blazer. Its a 2000 4wd Lt. How do these trucks put up with towing and plowing. If its goin to be a problem i wont buy one. Im not goin to do a lot of plowing just a few driveways.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Plowing

Shouldn't be too much of a problem... Just make sure you get a plow sized for the truck... and watch your front end, it's going to sink, lol

Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 PM
2000_BlzrLT is an unknown quantity at this point

Im thinking of finding a used 6 1/2 foot minute mount fisher. I dont want to have the plow lights and pump on the truck all summer because its ugly. I can deal with the forks on the bottom. Im not goin to do much driving with it on so the front end should hold up right?

Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 PM
bigbill23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ant truck with a plow setup is gonna take a beatin on the front suspension regardless. Yours may not be so bad because you dont want the lights and if you dont use it often like you said it should hold up alright as long as its got some quality parts on the front end. But usually any kind of "work" truck especially ones that plow fulltime in the winter months take a huge beating because of the extra weight and most plow truck drivers tend to beat on em more when plowing....Ive always had fun plowing but never used an s-series truck/suv. Always saved the heavy work for the big boy junkers!