General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Poor K5 :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road
Default Poor K5 :(

So 2 weeks ago i was driving home from traffic court (8:30am) on a tuesday, and of course, i schedued the entire day off of work. Man was i in for a rude awakening! So i was driving on the freeway (no traffic) and someone 4 cars ahead of me brake checked the person behind them...well wouldnt you know, the "intelligent" person slammed there brakes causing a chain reaction of course...now i was in the middle lane on a 3 lane freeway and the right side (slow lane) had a few vehicles there and the left side of me (carpool lane) was empty...everyone and there moms seemed to have newer vehicles with disc brakes front and rear and weighed next to nothing, but mee on other hand...drum rears and 90% worn front brakes on a 89 k5 tank just uncapable of stopping on a dime...nope what happened is i locked my brakes up and then the blazer started veering right into the slow lane which i almost hit someone there so i corrected and went HARD left...well it just did not work fast enough. I slammed right into the driver rearend on the car in front of me after someone was so kind enough to tap my rear bumper pushing me into him. Oh did i mention that guy fled the scene??? Oh also did i mention the cop that stopped 25minutes later did not file an accident report because it was "unnecessary"....WTF??...yea luckily no frame or motor damage occured. I have attached some pics fo all yall to view the horrible sight...(its not hirrible but it sucks)...it drives gereat still i just cant pull a u-turn with out rubbing ridiculously bad.

Attached Thumbnails Poor K5 :(-accident-1.jpg   Poor K5 :(-accident-2.jpg   Poor K5 :(-accident.jpg  
Old 11-23-2011, 05:35 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

dam that sucks

sorry to hear man

are ya gonna fix it ? got collision ?

Old 11-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
dam that sucks

sorry to hear man

are ya gonna fix it ? got collision ?
Yes I will be fixing it real soon. And no I don't have collision but my deductable is $500 and it will only cost me around $300 to verbally the parts I need. Luckily its mainly nuts and bolts that need to be fixed. Now as soon as Christmas passes, then all my money is going towards her. Might as well start uprgading her with the new brakes n rotors n distributor n body parts. Pick n pull will be my friend!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:52 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

shouldn't be to bad

was there any damage on the frame ? hows the engine compartment ?

Old 11-26-2011, 08:16 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

That does suck but at least it doesn't look like it wouldn't be too expensive to fix. I'm kind of curious why the cop did not think it was necessary to file a report.