Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Poor Old Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poor Old Jeep

I had to laugh (but not too hard because it wasn't that funny). My girlfriend and I were playin' around in these HUGE puddles coming home from our trailer last weekend (minds out of the gutter, boys...she was in her Jeep, I was in my Blazer). It was pissing down rain and we were getting pretty muddy in the puddles, causing quite a wake. We get to the end of this dirt road and she stalls. I guess she got a bit wet under the hood and so we had to dry out the distributor and such and FINALLY it got running. I just thought it was funny because here is her Jeep with it's 4" lift and 33" tires made for offroading, and my stock Blazer made it through everything with no problems. Mayeb I just got lucky...

Old 07-25-2005, 02:10 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poor Old Jeep

I find that funny as well.

I had something very similar happen. We where 4 wheeling at one of the local off-road parks. Ran into a couple of Jeeps. One on stock tires, like me. He in his Jeep and me in my stock '87 S10-Blazer. Of coarse he thought his jeep was better then my crappy old S10-Blazer. I got stuck in a mud hole and his buddy on 33" Goodyear mud terrains pulled me through. His turn. Needless to say, he flooded his engine and stalled out. We got him pulled out of the mud hole. My truck idled and ran just fine. His, well, he sucked in so much mud and water that his air filter collapsed. We pulled his plugs, and rotor cap. All nice and dry. Spent 3 hours trying to get it to run. Nothing. He ended up having it towed home the next day. 3 hour tow bill, ouch!!! Turns out he sucked in so much mud and water his intake manifold plugged up. Lucky for him that happended before he hydro locked his engine. Maybe it was driver error, right Jeep guys.

Old 07-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poor Old Jeep

Ya, for an offroading vehicle, I would say I'd rather have my Blazer...