General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Beginning Member
95blackblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: problem

Sorry 30yrs + still working on the left, right thing.

When accelerating the torque of doing so places a little more force on the drivers side of the truck taking some away from the passenger side. There fore the passenger rear tire is more prone to slipping. Not saying you burn your tires off. Just the physics of motion.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That assumes that you are accelerating fast enough to break a tire loose... Under normal conditions and normal acceleration away from a stop light/sign, this shouldn't really ever come into play.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Beginning Member
95blackblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Then why do tires wear at all !!

But for fear of hijaking a thread , I wish not to discuss this further.

We have an alignment problem that needs adressing. So any one that has an idea of what to look for. Please enlight

Old 12-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I suggested how to check the rear end in my previous post.

Tires wear through normal driving as well as from spinning. Side loading is the most promenant form of wear on a tire. Vehicles that are driven less aggressively wear the tires much less than those driven aggressively... Through your assumption that the passenger side tire wears more on solid rear axle vehicles due to acceleration... Just doesn't make a lot of sense. I get the whole weight transfer, frame torque, etc, etc, but it still just doesn't mean that tire always wears faster.

But I digress...

Old 12-01-2007, 04:37 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i have also wondered about the axle not being square. my step dad said it couldn't be aligned from the back. but im not real good w/ the alignmest stuff. are you talking something different than he is? he was telling me to get a 4 wheel alignment but then he looked under the truck and said differently. yes it was hit on the driver's side

Old 12-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Administrator

There are no alignment modifications that can be done on the back as everything is rigidly mounted, but that does not mean that something isn't bent, causing your misalignment. That is what can be checked with a tape measure.

While you're under there, measuring, take a good look at where the spring mounts to the frame up front as well as where the spring mounts to the axle. Things should not be able to shift at the axle, but it is possible that during the accident the bolt holding the spring together sheared off, allowing the spring to slide on the top of the axle. What I would look for on top of the axle is signs that the spring has shifted.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:01 PM

ok i got you now i was misunderstanding you at first. i will have to try to measure it tommorow. im pretty sure the bolt has not sheared off because i have looked around under there but i will double check it

Old 12-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blznlowxtreme

HEY TIPPMAN- this not the only set that has done it. i have 3 different sets of wheels on my blazer, they all have done. and the current tire calls fora 8.5 eide rim and thats what mine are, its not air pressure, have plyed with that and irt dont change. its something more in depth than bad tires or wheels i woud agree w/ you if it only done it to this set of tires but it has done it to all of them.
i talk to my head guy the tech or watever hes called, he basicly said, stop during burnouts, like i explained everything to him about it, he kinda laughed and said that

Old 12-02-2007, 06:03 PM

haven't done the first burn out in this blazer since i have had my 20's and i cant remember ever doing one in it. thats just not my thing.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

well ill ask the other guy if i dont get snowed intommorow yay no school. boooo i still have work though

Quick Reply: problem