General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Question about Blue headlight bulbs..

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Question about Blue headlight bulbs..

Well, if you drive a Jimmy, you can get Envoy lights...

Old 01-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you can find them! LOL Bravada's can use them as well.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:00 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I'm surprised they were never an option on a Bravada... Well, I haven't heard of them on one before, lol.

But yeah, good luck finding them... Even then, the output on those wasn't that great...

Old 01-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: drperry

The ONLY way going HID would cost $1000 is if you did a 100% proper HID retrofit with actual HID projectors or housings.

You can do the cheaper method of a plug & play HID kit for less than $200 shipped. It doesn't work as well, and there's some light bleeding... But on most GM headlights, it's not bad enough to get highbeams flashed at you....

Until your rear suspension starts sagging, lol.
Ive noticed that the same hids on other cars/trucks look brighter than on mine. I guess its a GM thing?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:32 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: jimbosv650

ORIGINAL: drperry

The ONLY way going HID would cost $1000 is if you did a 100% proper HID retrofit with actual HID projectors or housings.

You can do the cheaper method of a plug & play HID kit for less than $200 shipped. It doesn't work as well, and there's some light bleeding... But on most GM headlights, it's not bad enough to get highbeams flashed at you....

Until your rear suspension starts sagging, lol.
Ive noticed that the same hids on other cars/trucks look brighter than on mine. I guess its a GM thing?
Do you mean they light up the road better, or you get blinded when they're coming the other way?

Old 01-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive never had anyone flash their brights at me but then again here in Miami every third car makes you squint so people dont even botherI guess. I properly seated my lights again and aimed them against a wall but it seems that when Im next to other cars/trucks with the samehids their beams project further down the road than mine. Up until now I just thought it was due to the "ribs" on the factory lights as opposed to newer vehicles with crystal clear lenses.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 AM
mdk681 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a basic plug and play HID kit for my Blazer, a 6000k kit actually. It was about 150$ on eBay and I love em'. I had some projectors before, and with the HID kit those lit up everything. Since then I went back to my stock headlights and the difference is still huge. I aimed my headlights up a bit so everything is visible, and the distance those things are effective for is unreal. I would reccomend a basic HID kit to EVERYONE! They work wonders and also look very classy.