General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Quick ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Personally I'd feel more comfortable with just going front to back and back to front.

My winter tires are directional (High performance right there! lmao) and last year the bozo who mounted them put the right rear on the rim reversed... I drove most of the winter with a tire going in the wrong direction.

When I got them mounted on the winter rims I bought during the summer, the asshat at the other tire shop put it on the same way... "Ummm, dude, you've got the tire rotation wrong..." "Oh, well I put it on the way it came off..." "Yeah, but it was on wrong to begin with, in my mind it would have made sense to put it on right." "Sorry, I'll go fix that" and 15 minutes later I was finally able to leave.

Moral of my story: So far, no tread seperation or fail of any sort lol, and I drove almost 8 months on those tires, from fall to late spring like that. (a little late IMO, but $$$ stopped me from buying summers)

Old 12-15-2009, 12:09 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Both GM and Firestone (my tire brand) recommend crossing either front to back or back to front, depending on which source you follow. It would be nice if there was a definitive consensus from the manufacturers, but there is not. Go with the method you prefer. And no, unless the tires are unidirectional, there should not be an issue with belt or tread separation unless the tires are defective.