General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Quick help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:33 PM
strongboy2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick help needed

I just got my ebay intake, everything is fine but I need to knwo if there's any way I could just pull out the O2 sensor in the intake in order to put it in the new intake...

Otherwise, do I have to cut it? I don't want to break the thing...

Old 02-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Default RE: Quick help needed

can i break it just by pulling it out really hard?

Old 02-03-2006, 08:48 PM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

it comes out take it easy. a little spit might help

Old 02-03-2006, 09:18 PM

Got it. Thanks.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so now just to get things straight, we are talking about the MAF sensor correct? Not the O2 sensor... The MAF sensor is a plastic sensor in the intake piping that is sandwiched (bolted) between 2 aluminum hose mounts. Be careful with this sensor. The screen is there for a reason and should not be disturbed. If it is removed, it will cause incorrect readings.

Now with that said, the MAF sensor can be a pain in the butt to get out of the couplers. When I put mine back together, I sanded down the aluminum and used some silicon on the inside of the rubber peices to make pulling everything apart again easier.

You can try working a small screw driver between the aluminum and the rubber, but do not carry it over the edge to try to pry the MAF sensor out. It'll come free.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Ok, so now just to get things straight, we are talking about the MAF sensor correct? Not the O2 sensor... The MAF sensor is a plastic sensor in the intake piping that is sandwiched (bolted) between 2 aluminum hose mounts. Be careful with this sensor. The screen is there for a reason and should not be disturbed. If it is removed, it will cause incorrect readings.

Now with that said, the MAF sensor can be a pain in the butt to get out of the couplers. When I put mine back together, I sanded down the aluminum and used some silicon on the inside of the rubber peices to make pulling everything apart again easier.

You can try working a small screw driver between the aluminum and the rubber, but do not carry it over the edge to try to pry the MAF sensor out. It'll come free.
No, I'm talking about the other one, not the MAF... There are two sensors, the O2 (I think that's its name) and the maf that is basically one big block piece. I'm talking about pulling the little sensor out of the rubber. I just used some pliars and pulled hard and it came loose. Everything runs great.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ok, then that's the IAT (intake air temp) sensor. O2s are in your exhaust pipes.