General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Rain.... and Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Beginning Member
Greatestsin is on a distinguished road

Lol.... I had bright blue windshield wipers on my honda civic that i rocked in high school....

Old 08-19-2009, 07:34 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greatestsin
Lol.... I had bright blue windshield wipers on my honda civic that i rocked in high school....
what else did you have bright blue lol i saw on another thread that you had bright blue rims too lol

Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

So... most people seem to be recommending Rainex? I have been needing some whipers for a while now (mine just smear drops of water and blur my vision, and miss spots). I work at a place that sells Rainex whipers and I though they would be junk due to the $6 price tag. I was looking more into some advanced looking ones, but I don't know if the $20 per blade price will be justified.

Now that I see some confidence in the Rainex I'll probably buy some tomorrow. With my 20% off that is.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You really rocked the bright blue on that civic, didn't you? hahaha. I'd love to see a pic of it.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 96chevblazer
what else did you have bright blue lol i saw on another thread that you had bright blue rims too lol
lol yeah thats what reminded me of it, since god its a while... graduated in '03, i had a ton of blue crap, all those lights like underbody neons and ****, the door handles, all the everything i could get off the dash, the logos, this bright a** shiny reflective blue window tint, and the color of the car was black

Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I love cruising down the highway at night with the stuff, kinda looks like cruising through space lol. . I stick with windex for all my interior and glass. I can't bring myself to use any aerosol glass cleaner. I haven't been able to get near as good results from any of them compared to plain ol' windex. And I'm very **** about my windows lol...they have to be clean!
Um Captain we've hit warp speed 6.2.... yeah it does look like you're going through space, I've never looked at it like that

Stoner isn't just aerosol, they come in liquid spray bottles too, I highly recommend it

I'm very **** about my glass too, I have to clean them even after washing my car because it never gets all the dust/dirt off or I get water spotting (that word sends shivers up my spine). And some nights after work I'll have the urge to get a pea sized water spot off my window but it isn't just enough to clean that window, all of them have to be at least wiped off. I'm even worst about my mirrors.

Did I beat you about how **** you are about your windows?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:07 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Last time I washed the blazer.... I did the windows three times apiece... rainex around the outside and windex on the inside....

Old 08-20-2009, 12:31 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Beast
water spotting (that word sends shivers up my spine)
FWIW, water spots from acid rain and mineral etching can be removed by sanding the glass with steel wool. Pull a hose over the top of the car and let it run down the windows and sand away.

It sounds nuts (at least it did when I first heard it) but it works surprisingly well.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

lol yeah thats what reminded me of it, since god its a while... graduated in '03, i had a ton of blue crap, all those lights like underbody neons and ****, the door handles, all the everything i could get off the dash, the logos, this bright a** shiny reflective blue window tint, and the color of the car was black
Thats funny, do you have any pics of it?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Beginning Member

nah i wish i did. i had the engine sieze up on me driving through a severe blizzard. Apparently if you have an openfaced ghetto rigged cold air intake without any kind of cover driving in an icestorm is BAD, that was about 7 years ago and i traded the paperweight for a 92 hatchback that was gutted out to bare metal. then i blew a piston in that and gave up on ricers lol

Quick Reply: Rain.... and Wipers