General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Remote Entry Sensing Range

Old 01-06-2009, 06:38 PM
rdavis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remote Entry Sensing Range

Even with a new remote battery, sometimes I'm forced to you manually unlock the door other times it seems to eventually work. Is there any fix for this or do you suspect it's the remote itself that needs replaced.

Thanks.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Remote Entry Sensing Range

I think my remote seemed to always work around 50ft or less. There was a thread with the same topic a while back and I remember someone had said that if you hold the remote to your chin, it would increase the range. I have no idea if there is any truth to that though

Old 01-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the reply...I read that post as well with a smile and some skepticism. However, with nobody looking I may try it

Old 01-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It works!

It sounds as though you may have a weak remote and/or some problems with the remote itself. Do you have more than one FOB? If so, do both exhibit this same trait?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, now I tried that experiment once and beyond looking like an idiot in the parking lot, it did not work for me. Perhaps my head is too hollow.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:37 PM

Thank you for the reply's...no it's the only one that came with my purchase. I've been thinking about getting another one. Any recommendations of manufacturer and perhaps where to purchase?

Thanks.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

eBay, just match the FCC ID on the back of your FOB.