General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ride of the month

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts
Default RE: ride of the month

ORIGINAL: TripleBlackBlazer
I think the new way allows for a lot more variety among the rides.
acually the new way still tends to blazers or related vehicles. no cars have been aloud into the voting process.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:44 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: Jharper

acually the new way still tends to blazers or related vehicles. no cars have been aloud into the voting process.
No one has nominated other people's vehicles, whether it be people don't let others know about their vehicles or the one person who was nominated with a different ride than a blazer just happened to not make the randomization cut.

I sort of the like the new randomization thing, there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion but nomanations are still being made of the same people, they just don't all get in every month. I believe that since we have such a majority of closer to stock vehicles on this forum it would be tough to have only medium to extremely modded vehicles in the rotm since that would cut the number of eligible in half or more.

I do like the idea of member of the month or quarter/semester/year. I know there are a lot of hard working members on this forum that try helping people all the time that might not have what it takes to get voted as rotm, but I think they should be recoginezed in a similar fashion to rotm instead just as member of the month/quarter/semester/year. Well thats my opinion of the whole thing.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: Jharper

this isBLAZER forum u know

Old 03-25-2008, 12:04 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

By variety I meant a lot of nominations go in and only five come out. The random part of it increases the variety of Blazers and related vehicles (I should have said) instead of the same members every month.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:25 PM

OH okay now i get what your saying, sorry i misunderstood. but as for other vehicles being nominated, they cant, my GTP was nominated awhile back and Kyle said only the blazer could be nominated, i understand that tottaly, its nothing likea blazer lol. and as far as the randomization part, i like that alot, keeps the voting process fair, and gives everyone a fighting chance at the win [:@]

Old 03-25-2008, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I like the randomization for the same reason. I have screenshots of the most recent randomization as well as the link to the list. I covered my bases as well. I send my stuff to Kyle as I'm posting it so I have a secondary witness on top of screenshots and links. Believe me, I wouldn't want ROTM to be unfair in any way. We've had voting in record numbers the past few competitions and I really believe it's the new method that has attracted more votes.

Do I believe some members deserve it more than others? Yes. But everyone has their own method of voting. I vote for the truck that is most unique in most cases. If none stand out more than another I vote on how much the member contributes. You may vote differently. That's the beauty of ROTM. And the thing is, if someone doesn't win they can always be nominated next month.

As far as the Member Spotlight, I think it's a good way to show gratitude to those who really take a lot out of their lives to contribute here. Conversely, I believe the best way to show gratitude is to be polite and courteous to those people when they try to help you. There are some members on here who, if voted for ROTM and Member Spotlight...well, they would run out of room for all the titles below their username.

Remember that none of the Administator/Moderator positions are paid. People are volunteering their time, effort, and knowledge to the site. Common decency and courtesy can go a long way!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:45 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

How do we know if someone wasn't mistakenly left OUT of the ROTM (or God forbid discriminated against because he isn't well liked by that member of staff) I know you think I suspect something, but I know on other sites it has happend, and you can never know who to trust and people make mistakes. Thats just my view of the matter...
I'm entirely sure that this has been pondered by staff before the decision was made. Also, everyone should know by now that staff doesnt really discriminate and are easy to get along with. If you do something bad enough to make staff dislike you, odds are your account is banned and you are not elligible anyway.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:01 PM

I like the randomization for the same reason. I have screenshots of the most recent randomization as well as the link to the list. I covered my bases as well. I send my stuff to Kyle as I'm posting it so I have a secondary witness on top of screenshots and links. Believe me, I wouldn't want ROTM to be unfair in any way. We've had voting in record numbers the past few competitions and I really believe it's the new method that has attracted more votes.

Do I believe some members deserve it more than others? Yes. But everyone has their own method of voting. I vote for the truck that is most unique in most cases. If none stand out more than another I vote on how much the member contributes. You may vote differently. That's the beauty of ROTM. And the thing is, if someone doesn't win they can always be nominated next month.

As far as the Member Spotlight, I think it's a good way to show gratitude to those who really take a lot out of their lives to contribute here. Conversely, I believe the best way to show gratitude is to be polite and courteous to those people when they try to help you. There are some members on here who, if voted for ROTM and Member Spotlight...well, they would run out of room for all the titles below their username.

Remember that none of the Administator/Moderator positions are paid. People are volunteering their time, effort, and knowledge to the site. Common decency and courtesy can go a long way!
I second that, great work Gary.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:03 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

The first month I was nominated I was pumped, then I didn't make the randomization...

Worked out ok though because it gave me time to get new tires for this month's contest

Is there any sytem in place so someone doesn't get the short stick and lose in the randomization step each month? Something like if you're nominated 5 months in a row or something long, but never actually make it, you're in on the 6th?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The ROTM is open to the vehicles we support, the S-series & GMT360/370 SUVs (Blazer, Jimmy, Bravada, Trailblazer, Envoy, Rainier, & Ascender).

ORIGINAL: rabbit0102030

I have always had it as my opinion, unexpressed opinion, that if it is called RIDE of the month that it should be a tricked out ride being voted on. Not to offend anyone, butsome of the rides that have gotten in for voting were not really in deservance of the honor. The member was in deservance of the honor of being an excellent member, but the ride was not really up to par for what ROTM sounds like it should be.
Well, look at the requirements there... The VAST majority of the active people here own vehicles that have zero modifications. So you have basically said you are just plain and can't participate... Maybe if this was CustomBlazerForum.com... But it isn't.

ORIGINAL: a_tack

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

How do we know if someone wasn't mistakenly left OUT of the ROTM (or God forbid discriminated against because he isn't well liked by that member of staff) I know you think I suspect something, but I know on other sites it has happend, and you can never know who to trust and people make mistakes. Thats just my view of the matter...
I'm entirely sure that this has been pondered by staff before the decision was made. Also, everyone should know by now that staff doesnt really discriminate and are easy to get along with. If you do something bad enough to make staff dislike you, odds are your account is banned and you are not elligible anyway.
The randomization algorithm is set when the date for the randomization method is picked at random by the first member to reply with said date. The list for randomization is made in order of nominations. There is no way to fix the outcome and every one can check the results of the randomization themselves.

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

The first month I was nominated I was pumped, then I didn't make the randomization...

Worked out ok though because it gave me time to get new tires for this month's contest

Is there any sytem in place so someone doesn't get the short stick and lose in the randomization step each month? Something like if you're nominated 5 months in a row or something long, but never actually make it, you're in on the 6th?
No, there is no such system in place. If it were to start to happen frequently, then we may have to consider that.

As far as ROTY or MS, beyond the poll (which is still open) on the MS, nothing more has been done. Up until recently, we didn't know how to have more than 10 poll options, LOL. Between answering posts here, cleaning up things, work, kids, etc, I haven't had the time to work on any ROTY stuff. Shoot me, excommunicate me, do whatever you'd like.

I'd much rather get rid of ride of the month all together. If we wanted to show appreciation to those members that go out of their way to help, a member spot light could be done. Atleast that encourages participation.

Quick Reply: ride of the month