General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Rigs of Rods - Simulator game (free)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 03:47 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Looks like a pretty cool game, is it online or?

Old 01-24-2011, 04:29 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I downloaded it but I thought my comp was pretty good performance wise. Not for that game lol. No programs running and networking off it was really laggy.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Starting Member
98HeavyChevy is on a distinguished road

I can't get past the load screen. Running a new Toshiba laptop with AMD Athlon 64 dual core and win 7 64-bit. I tried running as admin and different compatibility modes. No help.

Looks cool though. Love simulators. I play Grand Theft Auto just to speed around.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:23 PM

Did you download the other essentials pack? You must unpack it into the install folder and restart. It worked perfectly for me after that. I haven't been too far in the game yet because its soo laggy on my laptop. But it is very fun. Havent found a buggy or any other vehicles yet. Only the boom truck

Old 01-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Beginning Member
glamisfanatic is on a distinguished road

The vehicles and terrains are in zip files, just drag and drop. Go to rigsofrods.com and click on the repository tab, all the terrains and vehicles are available for dl. Open the rorconfig and adjust the graphics, with them all on high it gets laggy. It doesn't lag at all anymore on my comp.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:22 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

i use winrar on my comp for all my zip needs, one of the most comprehensive yet user friendly ap's ive used to date. get it here! http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm - pick your system's setup (x86 is 32 bit - x64 is 64bit) btw if you're not sure if u have 32 bit or 64, chances are your comp is 32! lol u got a 50% chance of it being the right one really, and if its not u can simply download the other one n have what you need. This program has the annoying NAG feature but never stops being completely 100% functional, so clicking to continue for FREE is deff a win.

btw not spam - just trying to make some of your lives easier with what you need to play the game!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

This game is addictive and awesome, Granted i'm running an Nvidia GeForce 6800, and 2 gigs of ram only laggy is some vehicles like the k5 blazer they made and the big mud maps. Physics are good for a game like this, Granted power values need to be edited down and shifting isn't really right but hey thats the whole point of a game =P

Old 01-25-2011, 11:21 AM

Now how do i use the vehicles?

Old 01-25-2011, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by UberFail
i use winrar on my comp for all my zip needs, one of the most comprehensive yet user friendly ap's ive used to date. get it here! http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm - pick your system's setup (x86 is 32 bit - x64 is 64bit) btw if you're not sure if u have 32 bit or 64, chances are your comp is 32! lol u got a 50% chance of it being the right one really, and if its not u can simply download the other one n have what you need. This program has the annoying NAG feature but never stops being completely 100% functional, so clicking to continue for FREE is deff a win.

btw not spam - just trying to make some of your lives easier with what you need to play the game!

This, x100000000000, generic windows extracter sucks monkey ******* compared to winRAR

Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Beginning Member
glamisfanatic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Now how do i use the vehicles?
When you enter the game, it should ask you which vehicle you want. Theres a building in the game called rigodeal, enter through the door and thats how you pick your cars.

Quick Reply: Rigs of Rods - Simulator game (free)