General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

S*#@ happens.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Starting Member
elementalnature is an unknown quantity at this point
Default S*#@ happens.

I am now convinced that bald tires and wet roads don't mix. I totaled my 94 S10 today. Or at least we think it's totaled. Bent the frame, dropped the engine 2 inches, fan in radiator, bumper smashed, hood in bent up. S10 Blazer + tree = nothing good. I've got whiplash but nothing serious, thank God for seat belts. So I was wondering, if it is totaled, how much for replacement parts? The frame is mostly important. We might be able to straighten it out though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

GOOD NEWS!!!
We have word today that she will be fixed... Expect to see her running in another month or less. Also I'm going to put a note out, next 6 months to year I am going to be looking for a 4 wheel drive, probably 2nd gen Blazer. I want to get that lifted and rugged look and have a point to it. Who wants a lifted 2wd Blazer?

Old 05-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: S*#@ happens.

wow...thats sucks dude. Glad youre not hurt.
Im pretty sure it would be cheaper to just buy a new blazer than trying to fix everything, plus you wouldnt have to deal with all the work or worry about unknown/hidden damage.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Beginning Member
uberfiend is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. That sucks. Glad to hear you're ok. How much was the '94 worth? I don't know about the cost of the replacement parts, but if the frame is bent, the diminished value might make totaling it a more viable option for you, even if you did want to do the work yourself. That's pretty much what I learned when I had to investigate this last year for my '95 Blazer.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to LMC Truck's website and just stat going through the s-10 catalog. That should get you the general ball park figure for the amount needed. I don't have any idea what it cost to get a frame straighten. I do understand want to rebuild it rather than getting rid of it. I got a 92 Silverado it the same condition minus the bent frame.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-02-2008, 07:46 PM
blazinrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

i would deffinitely be cheaper to get a new blazer man. plus even if u do fix it the truck will never drive the same. it sucks to lose a car though i shot a piston through the hood of my old bronco. haha. but thats ford for ya.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:52 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

It really depends on what kind of insurance you have on it.. if the frame is bent the insurance company most always totals it..with out looking anything up...probably take the check insurance gives you and get another truck...

Old 05-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Starting Member
elementalnature is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah. That sounds like a viable option. I was thinking maybe a Jeep XJ. But I don't know. See it's going to be a pain in the rear to fix this thing though. We run through Progressive with a middleman of sorts, Moore Insurance Agency. They said they would come out here and look it over, take photos and such. But. I don't know. Now I have to find a way to pay off 980 dollars worth of payments on the Blazer. That'll leave me with a 1000 (heres hoping). I don't know guys.. it sucks but I'll find a way somehow.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:56 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Look up S-10 warehouse on ebay. I don't know if they have as much 1st gen stuff as they do 2nd gen, but they always have good deals.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

when ins companies hear bent frame its usually totalled!! you can buy it back ,but then its your pocket that feels the burn of the loss of dough... Go for a newer blazer if ya can..

Old 05-03-2008, 11:34 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS
Look up S-10 warehouse on ebay. I don't know if they have as much 1st gen stuff as they do 2nd gen, but they always have good deals.
They don't have any 1st Gen stuff. They specifically advertise "No old school squares" on eBay.

Quick Reply: S*#@ happens.