General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Sad sad day in the world of my sonoma

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Looks good so far!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:07 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

*UPDATE

Sprayed some base on the bottom of the hood today. Kevin gave me a red base he used for his truck so i wouldnt have to buy so much victory red. it was between 1/8 and 1/4 pint and i was able to do 2 coats on the underside of the hood before i ran out. ill do one coat of victory red over that, and then trim out the fender

Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Did you order them decals?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 PM
mychevyisntheavy is on a distinguished road

a man im from louisville, nice truck, i have a 1994 camaro with a lt1 383 in her,

Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 PM

nah the decals are on the backburner for now

and sweet man, not a big fan of that body style but you can never go wrong with a 383 lol

Old 11-04-2011, 01:49 PM

well today i decided to listen to what my dad told me last night, since i used all the paint i could pour from what his friend gave me, he told me to put some reducer in the can, shake it and then spray that. well i did, and now my paint gun is clogged majorly.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:21 PM

*UPDATE

Well paint gun is all clean now, I've spent the past week mostly wet sanding. I made the mistake of wet sanding before I sprayed the back of the panels and had to wet sand again to remove over spray. Doing so caused me to sand through the primer in a few places. To touch up these spots, since i used the entire quart of primer to primer everything (another mistake), I went and picked up some Duplicolor Factory Match spray can primer. It seems to do the trick. Also on the back of the panels, instead of opening up my fresh 132 dollar can of victory red, I used Duplicolor Factory Match victory red spray cans (7 bucks/ea.) to do a few coats. Not too worried about the bottom of the panels since they are exposed and it seems to match pretty good. Tomorrow I go to pick up my clear coat and a pint of black paint for the hood. Sunday Kevin is coming over to paint it and show me how to paint. This has been a great learning experience for me and is very fun to learn, I'm excited to learn more about body work and paint and possibly do it as a side job.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:17 PM

*UPDATE
Ok so another minor setback, i went to valley automotive (the place i buy my paint from) to buy my clearcoat and a pint of black paint and asked the guy about that Duplicolor Primer i used to touch up some spots, he said that was a bad primer to use because automotive paint will bleed into it and attack it. So he recommended this spray can primer "SEM high build primer" for automotive metal etc. So just earlier i took the DA and sanded off all the duplicolor primer, masked off the bottom of the panels, and sprayed the SEM primer. Its really obvious that this stuff is a higher quality primer, because it is a lot thicker, and smells alot stronger. Tomorrow is supposed to be the day it gets painted!

Old 11-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Ugh i want that hood and that paint gun hehe very nice man

Old 11-12-2011, 09:06 PM

ive seen people lay down some super nice paint jobs with these guns, and the best thing is, they are 15 bucks a piece.

Gravity Feed Spray Gun - 20 Oz. HVLP

Quick Reply: Sad sad day in the world of my sonoma