General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

safari doors

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:54 PM
marlboromanx1875 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default safari doors

yall might find this strang but i was thinking about putting safari doors on my blazer and was wondering if anyone has had the same thought, also i was wanting input on what yall think about this idea, i know it is probably a pain in the butt to do something like that but i like my feet to hang out the door of my friends jeep and was wanting the same thing thanks.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: safari doors

What I tell people when customizing there rides is to remember itsyour ride build it for you and no one else!! I think its an awesome idea I would like to see it done on something other then a jeep!!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

The only problem with blazers is that there is no easy access like on the jeeps. It's a bit more involved for the Chevy. Granted if you have the spring puller it gets much easier, but still, its no 1 bolt 2 bolt off.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:08 PM
marlboromanx1875 is an unknown quantity at this point

i will keep looking into it to see if its possible

Old 04-20-2008, 12:13 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point

I have wanted to do the same thing on my 01, It would be a pain, but on those hot summer days, nothing would draw more attention than a 2nd gen blazer with tube doors. Remember, if you have the right parts and tools, anything is possible.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:25 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Door wires...annoying hinge pins...the weight of the door....it'd be interesting...But I think this summer I'm going to try it

Old 04-22-2008, 08:05 PM
blazerboy124 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats awsome, ive never even heard of anyone thinking about doing it let alone acctially doing it, i think it'd be bada$$ if you do it you HAVE TO post pics, its pretty much against the law if you dont.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran

Pics are a must, without a doubt. I'm going to order the spring puller as soon as I can get a couple of questions answered:

To the car audio guys: anyone got an idea on how to stuff the wiring for the door? Is there a harness plug like the visors and everything on the engine?

Also, from those of you who have done the hinge bushings repair (I just paid the dealer to do it while getting my bumper and tailgate repaired from a rear end collision), can the pins be re-used once they're pulled out?

Old 04-23-2008, 12:38 AM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

no the pins can't be reused the tabs usually break when pulling the outthey're only like $8 a pair at the most anyway

Old 04-23-2008, 10:58 AM
BF Veteran

Yea...I can get 'em $4/ door so I'm not too worried about that aspect of it...maybe I can check out Lowe's..I'm sure I can set up a new hinge pin assembly to not use that annoying tab..

Any idea on the wiring loom?

Quick Reply: safari doors