General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

she asked if I was a mechanic, I said NO, I'm a blazer owner!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Default she asked if I was a mechanic, I said NO, I'm a blazer owner!

I was on my way home from work in rush hour traffic & on the approach to a freeway overpass I see a ZR2 off to the side with the hood up. Went past them, down a few blocks, turned around & made my way back. (not going to happen for a ford unless the driver was hot lol)
As I drove past them to pull infront & said "whats wrong with the blazer?" They had a stunned look lol
They said it crapped out crossing the intersection, totally died, turns over but wont run.
So I get under the hood, check cables, notice the air cap on the throttle body doesn't have the plastic fastener on it but no other obvious signs. Ask them to turn it over & thats all it does. Hmmmm, ignition I'm thinking OR no fuel, so I grabbed a can of seafoam I had in the blazer & got them to turn it over as I poured a bit in the throttle body - it fired! So I tell them it's not getting any fuel bla bla bla, I looked for the fuse (DS dash & under the hood) for the fuel pump, couldn't find it.
lmao she asked if I was a mechanic, I said NO, I'm a blazer owner!
They had already called the tow truck so I said tell your mechanic there's no fuel to the engine, he'll figure it out from there.

Either fuel pump went to the wayside, fuse or who knows, but when I cycled the throttle NOTHING.
Even when I crawled under the back end to listen for the pump to run when they put it to RUN there was nothing, but I did see sketchy wiring for their trailer plug & told them.
& yes I plugged blazerforum.com to them
Who else has been a good boyscout?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Now they know about our secret Fourm! lol

Their's always that good feeling you get when you help someone out on the side of the road.
In these times when people care about nothing but themselves, it's almost a shocker to have someone pull over and ask "You need help?"

Do a good turn daily

Extra points if you know what that is!

Old 07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Way to help!

Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 PM
97chevyblaze is on a distinguished road

they were probably out of gas it happened to me one time my gas gauge doesnt work & i was goin to the gas stations but it didnt make it all the way good thing i lived right down the street so i got a gas can lmao filled up & you hear the pump again lmao

Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 PM
BF Veteran

1st thing I asked "stupid question but... do you have gas?"

Old 07-07-2010, 10:51 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Its nice to help people out and for that you get, the Boy Scout Citizenship Award. But it is true you never see people pull over to help another person out. Good for you.

Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 PM
BF Veteran

thank you all, but it was a blazer in distress
I liked being able to be a person to help

Originally Posted by cbr995

Their's always that good feeling you get when you help someone out on the side of the road.
In these times when people care about nothing but themselves, it's almost a shocker to have someone pull over and ask "You need help?"

Do a good turn daily

but is it a "totally selfless act?"
what is that?... personally I got satisfaction that I helped soomeone, a fellow blazer owner, plugged bf.com & told them about other issues that I saw IE: wiring & air intake & yeah
on the other hand I helped out a person/s with a stranded vehicle

I felt I was showing off - doing something because I can!

but I couldn't do that... it wasn't selfless, I liked doing that for myself & telling them about the multitude of search options, the detailed blogs that encompass every & anything to do with a blazer or related vehicles... damnit yeah, I need a BF sign lol

& "keep the law of the wolfcub pack & do a good turn to someone eveeryday" hehehe!

Last edited by rriddle3; 07-08-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 07-08-2010, 12:31 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Lol, I'll totally laugh if in the next few days we see someone join the forum with that same story. But, It's always nice to have someone help out when your car breaks that's where buddies come in handy :P they fix your **** you fix theirs.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:59 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cbr995

Do a good turn daily

That would be the Scout motto. Regardless of your intentions I still consider trying to help others to be good karma.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Well when I sold the clear-corner lights I had the guy wanted me to install them.

"Sure, I'll have you out of here in 10 minutes!"

Then I asked him if he had the foglights, which he did... *sigh* "Dude, I mentioned in my ad that these won't be compatible with foglights, they'll fit but you'll lose that function" To which I got, "Oh that's fine, they're useless anyway, you can just unplug them and leave them hanging in the bumper."

I was going to tell him NO, but then I remembered I didn't care lol, I just wanted my $40.00... So I grabbed the electrical tape and taped the sheeat out of the plugs for the foglight bulbs... "Why you doin' that?" "Ummm... to stop the contacts in the plug from corroding lest you decide to put the fogs back in..." "Oh... really?" "Yup... that's called road salt acting to oxidize the copper contacts"

I realized I was going over his head so I just stopped talking and got him on his way. After I got an, "Are you a mechanic?" "Nope... I used to own a Blazer" To which I thought 'but it wasn't a POS like yours!'

Quick Reply: she asked if I was a mechanic, I said NO, I'm a blazer owner!