General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Should I get zq8 rims?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road
Talking Should I get zq8 rims?

zq8 wheels

Should I go for it? I know zq8 rims are hard to find.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

do it and strip the clear coat off them and polish them to a chrome finish!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

These ZQ8 rims are hard to find:

The ones you linked are nice, but not as rare as these ^

Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM

You think $200 is a decent deal? Also I'd probably paint them black with a red pinstripe lol

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
These ZQ8 rims are hard to find:

The ones you linked are nice, but not as rare as these ^
Yeah those are nice!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

$50/wheel isn't bad. The ad does say OBO so show up with $150. I paid $100/wheel for my 17x9 Camaro SS wheels. If you're going to put more money into prep/paint then you have to decide if it's a good price or not.

I like the rims you have now (what I can see of them). Why not put a red pinstripe around them?

Old 10-31-2011, 10:26 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

wow i never seen those before Gary . I like them !

Old 11-01-2011, 09:07 AM

$50/wheel isn't bad. The ad does say OBO so show up with $150. I paid $100/wheel for my 17x9 Camaro SS wheels. If you're going to put more money into prep/paint then you have to decide if it's a good price or not.

I like the rims you have now (what I can see of them). Why not put a red pinstripe around them?
Yeah I like them but because they are 18"s they give a horribly rough ride for a 4x4 so i'd like to go down to a smaller rim size to absorb more of the road shock. Also because they are so wide they made my mileage almost 3mpgs worse.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

GM Performance Parts - 12498299 - "Late Model" S-10 ZQ8 Wheel Package

^^ If i had the money..........

But if you like the other style and want brand new...... http://paceperformance.com/i-6255258...-s-trucks.html

Old 11-01-2011, 06:30 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by gatorboy44
Yeah I like them but because they are 18"s they give a horribly rough ride for a 4x4 so i'd like to go down to a smaller rim size to absorb more of the road shock. Also because they are so wide they made my mileage almost 3mpgs worse.
How are you calculating gas mileage? Remember your speedometer will be off with anything but stock size tires. My 255/70/17's are 11.667% off from stock (235/70/15). When I calculate my gas mileage I take the trip odometer, multiply it by 11.667%, then divide the amount of gallons used to fill it up. My highway mileage actually improved but city mileage went down.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
New is not the way to go if you're a college student haha
How are you calculating gas mileage? Remember your speedometer will be off with anything but stock size tires. My 255/70/17's are 11.667% off from stock (235/70/15). When I calculate my gas mileage I take the trip odometer, multiply it by 11.667%, then divide the amount of gallons used to fill it up. My highway mileage actually improved but city mileage went down.
I take the miles I have gone and divide it by how many gallons I filled up with. I run 255/55/R18 tires. They didn't appear any taller than stock just much wider.

Quick Reply: Should I get zq8 rims?