General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

So here I was driving down the road...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: So here I was driving down the road...

I'm suprised your SES light didn't come on, i'm sure the engine wasn't keeping oil pressure if it was running dry!

Old 02-14-2008, 08:20 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

But the oil pressure was good right up until it shut down...

At first I thought the falling oil pressure was due to the engine stopping... Until I saw the trail of oil...

Old 02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: drperry

Haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping it's the oil filter lines... Or the oil cooler lines....
My dad has a 4.3 in his GMC Sierra and he has replaced those twice. Our mechanic told him that that is a common problem with the S10 pickups/SUVs. I still havent checked mine. He only has 2, I guess we(4x4 drive s10s) have 4. I guess it was roughly $250USD to replace them.

I wouldnt think it wouldnt think in 2 days it would completely drain your oil though.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:39 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Maybe you went the path of the '03 Land Rover Disco's....exploding oil pumps...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Well... It didn't lose oil over two days... It all came out at once, Lol. And I don't think the oil pump exploding would leak down the skid plate, Lol. Yay for cellphone posting.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:14 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Have you gotten a chance to get underneath it yet?? To maybe see where all the oil came from??

Old 02-15-2008, 02:50 AM
BF Veteran

Not yet... I'm still at work, Lol

Old 02-15-2008, 03:12 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Perry , i've had CRAP luck with my oil lines to man. But i've never lost a vital ammount of oil.

Edit - Maybe your projectors killed the engine HAHAHAHAHA

Old 02-15-2008, 04:52 AM
BF Veteran

Could be! I mean it happened 12 hours after I reinstalled my one projector fog light, lol.

I think the entire fitting blew off or something.... I'm going to check right now, lol.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:17 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

POP GOES THE ENGINE

Quick Reply: So here I was driving down the road...