General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

So here I was driving down the road...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:19 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: So here I was driving down the road...

So anybody wanna donate me a nice 5.3? lol

Old 02-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Woaw that really sucks.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:21 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

wow thats crappy, you dont have a warrenty on that new of a truck?

Old 02-15-2008, 12:31 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

wow that sucks. time to find a 5.3L with the fuel management system so you can gave rediculous power and km/l (mpg for the american folk).

Old 02-15-2008, 12:34 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

wow if u still had pressure up till it let out then something exploded or popped off or somethin like that. was their anything like rocks or somethin on the road that could have been large enough to knock up under there and cut a line? (dont know if thats even possible) but ya u def have to look where the leak is/was comin from cuz that will show whats broke. then go from there. was the oil pan still ok? if it was then with a lot of oil comin out like that it prolly was an oil line. u could have had a fitting that was loosening and then it just got enough pressure to knock it off

EDIT: haha sry didnt see there were more pages. wow ya thats not good. my friend had a friend who was drivin down the hwy in his evo and all he herd was a clunk and oil pressure drop and engine shut off. looked back bout a couple hundred feet to see the oil pan lyin in the mid of the hwy w/ a nice oil trail to his car lol ya that sucked

Old 02-15-2008, 03:40 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wholey S*&$dude. That really sucks.Man believe me if i were closer (ie if i still were up in wisconsin)i so would help ya out in finding and replacing your engine. Tell ya what though i'll keep an eye on the auto trader around here and if i find anydestroyed silverados or tahoesI'll let ya know.

Hey Ryan, next time you hit up the junk yards keep your eyes peeled and PM drperry if ya find anything cheap with a good motor.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:44 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: RCars2

Wholey S*&$dude. That really sucks.Man believe me if i were closer (ie if i still were up in wisconsin)i so would help ya out in finding and replacing your engine. Tell ya what though i'll keep an eye on the auto trader around here and if i find anydestroyed silverados or tahoesI'll let ya know.

Hey Ryan, next time you hit up the junk yards keep your eyes peeled and PM drperry if ya find anything cheap with a good motor.
Im all over it right now as a matter of fact LOL!! I am scouring craigslist right now I will pm links to drperry for him to take a look!! That right there sucks man wow is what I got to say!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 05:19 PM

i've tried lookin for junk yards here b4 and dont really know where to look. any suggestions?

Old 02-15-2008, 05:24 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

i've tried lookin for junk yards here b4 and dont really know where to look. any suggestions?
Heh, icompletely forgotyour name was ryan too, LOL. I was referring to thegr81.

As for junk yards, probably would go into Milwaukee and see whats around there. Usually bigger cities have more selection. Either that orbust out the local yellow pages andgo shoppin.If you happen to find something up there that would probably be a bunch cheaper for drperry to haul up north.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:34 PM

lol wow thats cool same name. ok ya i'll check it out tonight/tomorrow. i also went on car-parts.com and just put in a 2000 silverado/seirra and looked for 5.3 engines and this is what i found

Quick Reply: So here I was driving down the road...