General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

so heres whats wrong that you can see...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road
Default so heres whats wrong that you can see...

Ok so I know Ive complained about my Blazer being a POS. So heres some stuff that you can see physically. But the majority of it is hidden. Like the wiring is screwed up. Like for example, the 4wd doesnt work, the horn doesnt work, the rear hatch lights are inop(because the wiring is jacked), etc etc. But back to the pics.

This is from the fire from the PO. I guess the computer caught fire and was replaced and I think the motor was replaced as well because it runs like a champ.

The passenger side mirror is being help on with several wood screws. Was like that when I got it.

Theres a hole(from what I have no clue) that leaks really bad. You can see my headliner sagging because of the water that leaks thro

Rear bumper is busted. I did that by backing into a friend of mines truck. (that day was a bad day)

The driver side mirror is being held on with gorilla tape. Cant afford to replace them just yet so this will have to work til then

I know its blurry but the front driver door catch is about broke thro. I gotta fix it before it actually does break.

The dash is from a 99 Blazer as was just tossed inside. It squeaks and bounces around while driving it.

The center console with a huge hole in it

When I mentioned that the wiring is screwed up, this is what I mean. The gauges will dance when you either turn the lights on or when you start it. They go back to normal again. But its just weird to me.

Everything was like this except for the rear bumper deal. Ugh...This rig is just a something thats had a hard life. Instead of having everything done right, it was done fast. I almost wonder if its worth it to have everything fixed. Lets not forget that the transmission is on its way out. lol. Ok now, ill stop typing,

Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Why would you buy it like this if you didnt wanna fix it .... Insted of calling a blazer a pos I rather call the previous owner a POS and also your the one that fell into this deal..

hey even if they gave it to me for a dollar i wouldn't take it ..

its like buying a motor with a knock ... your asking for it. the motor blows on the way home..... OMG THIS THINGS A POS ... NO it dont work that way

just my 2 cents

Old 04-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Why would you buy it like this if you didnt wanna fix it .... Insted of calling a blazer a pos I rather call the previous owner a POS and also your the one that fell into this deal..

hey even if they gave it to me for a dollar i wouldn't take it ..

its like buying a motor with a knock ... your asking for it. the motor blows on the way home..... OMG THIS THINGS A POS ... NO it dont work that way

just my 2 cents
I traded my Dodge Dakota for it and at the time, I thought I was getting the better deal. Im still debating whether or not its worth it to fix it. Im calling my Blazer a POS. Not all Blazers. It runs like a champ. I guess I shouldnt call it a POS since everything thats wrong is little. But it seems like its alot of little things lol. At the time when I got it, I didnt know everything that was wrong with it. I just knew of the physical issues.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

man i wouldnt trade a nickle for this thing im sorry .....

you got a bad trade even if the dodge was a rust bucket or not I Wouldn't take this truck .

I bet the dodge was in way better shape

Old 04-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Starting Member

man i wouldnt trade a nickle for this thing im sorry .....

you got a bad trade even if the dodge was a rust bucket or not I Wouldn't take this truck .

I bet the dodge was in way better shape
Now that I look back on it, it was. Was being the key word. The wrecked it not to long after we traded. Like I said, it still runs great and strong!! I bet I could save alot of money by doing some of the work myself. I gotta learn how to fix stuff like that sometime lol.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:54 AM
BF Guru

man i wish ya luck I think your going to need it

Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Starting Member

man i wish ya luck I think your going to need it
haha thanks. Most of the physical stuff I can do myself without help. Its gonna be the parts where I pull the dash and redo my wiring and stuff like that thats gonna get me lol.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Oh man Gio i dont know what you're talking about..... If i could get a blazer in that condition for cheap i would totally get it... If you have a junk yard somewhere near you then everything on there can be fixed for really cheap, and none of that is very hard to fix. Spend a little time on this forum and you will learn everything you need to know.

Accept for the transmission going out... that might suck.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:52 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
Oh man Gio i dont know what you're talking about..... If i could get a blazer in that condition for cheap i would totally get it... If you have a junk yard somewhere near you then everything on there can be fixed for really cheap, and none of that is very hard to fix. Spend a little time on this forum and you will learn everything you need to know.

Accept for the transmission going out... that might suck.
Wrong. Take it from a guy with experience. What you're looking for -assuming the engine IS that great - someone dumping a nice one with coolant trashed {LIM} engine, selling it for scrap price.
Or even LESS! Like this... Another $50 bird has landed - TCCoA Forums

Then part that one out. Beleive me fixing all the half-*** previous repairs gets old quick even if you have all day every day. You HAVE to be able to see the end of the project.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Wrong. Take it from a guy with experience. What you're looking for -assuming the engine IS that great - someone dumping a nice one with coolant trashed {LIM} engine, selling it for scrap price.
Or even LESS! Like this... Another $50 bird has landed - TCCoA Forums

Then part that one out. Beleive me fixing all the half-*** previous repairs gets old quick even if you have all day every day. You HAVE to be able to see the end of the project.
Id really like to find a deal like that!! Last night, I went and put a cone filter from a CIA on it and took it for a little test drive and I tell you what, she will smoke the tires like its nothing now!!! So I would honestly love to find one that someone has smoked the engine and wants to get rid of it fast and cheap.

Quick Reply: so heres whats wrong that you can see...