General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

somad help! :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Beginning Member
24cito24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default somad help! :(

si i have looked and looked on this site for hours and cant get anywhere... i have a 2000 jimmy slt 4 dr 4x4 and the rear wiper doesn't work water works and hatch works just not the wiper no noise i looked at the fuses and they are good there is a black box that gos to the rear window motor and i tested it with a test light and it didn't turn on at all went to the switch in the dash and it has power there and if i put it on one of the prongs/ wire the hatch opens so is it a bad switch or bad wiring plz help like i said none of the threads that talk about rear wiper problems they dont act like mine plz help

Old 11-11-2012, 10:39 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

So is there power at the rear wiper? If there is power present back there, then there is a problem with the rear wiper motor. If no power at the rear wiper, then check at the switch. I saw you had power at the switch, but does it supply power when the switch is closed? Maybe bypass the switch with a jumper to rule out if the switch is bad. You need to make sure the wiper is seeing 12V. Also, there needs to be a good ground present.

Wiring problems are very frustrating. I'm dealing with a similar problem with my wife's blower motor in her Cobalt. Right now it's got a jumper coming from the fuse box to the connector. The switch is apparently on the ground side, because it still controls the fan, even with the fan seeing a constant 12v from the fuse box.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 AM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Defintely sounds like a bad rear wiper motor, very common with any gm vehicle.
But very nice to see you diagnose it first.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member

i bypassed the switch with a wire to the battery and the wiper motor works and the box. the wires coming from the switch have no power still and i will try getting a new switch. but the rear hatch button works and the squiter for the rear window works. does this mean switch is bad or bad wiring?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:31 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

You ran a jumper from the battery straight to the wiper motor? Or from the battery straight to the back side of the switch? Whatever you bypassed has the potential to be bad. More than likely it's just the switch, but an open in the wiring somewhere could cause the same problem.

Doesn't the switch have power on one side, and the other side goes to the wiper motor? Run a short jumper across those two, just bypassing the switch, and none of the wiring. If it works that way, it's the switch and not a wiring problem.

You've ruled out a bad wiper motor. You could ohm out the switch, also. Without a wiring diagram, it might take a few minutes, but when the switch button is depressed, it should be closed (no resistance through it.) With the switch sitting normal (open) there should be infinite resistance through it. (no continuity)

Old 11-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Beginning Member

ok so here is the update i jumped it from the hot wire in the back, that plugs into the black box that puts out put to the motor i jumped the hot wire or just spliced into it and put it to the other wire that i think is orange its the wire that send current to the motor and if i have the switch half way on it works fine moves and every thing but if i taker the jump off and just have it to the normal wires nothing so is it a bad switch??