General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Some new pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 02:26 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yeah VHT NIGHTSHADES is good stuff. Its very runny, so you have to make your coats super thin or it runs. It dries fast too. And once you get your desired tint level, use regular automotive clearcoat to seal it on and make it shiny, or else its flat in color. I clean the lights with alcohol first and then paint away.

HINT: Put the lights down side by side and paint both at the same time to make sure they match... Ive seen guys do them one at a time and you can tell.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:40 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Yeah VHT NIGHTSHADES is good stuff. Its very runny, so you have to make your coats super thin or it runs. It dries fast too. And once you get your desired tint level, use regular automotive clearcoat to seal it on and make it shiny, or else its flat in color. I clean the lights with alcohol first and then paint away.

HINT: Put the lights down side by side and paint both at the same time to make sure they match... Ive seen guys do them one at a time and you can tell.
thanks for the info, i might get around to this this weekend depending on if the weather improves....i will also be getting my bull bar this weekend from Nvanzee and will hopefully get a bracket made and get some pictures up here soon!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:32 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
Im not sure how hard it would be to remove the lenses, and it may not be worth the trouble but those clearance lights would look great smoked.
funny, i never even noticed them before!

the truck is looking good brother.

nothing finer than a nice clean truck in the Spring.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

looks great. I never noticed your clearance lights either. the bed liner and clearance lights really make your truck look tough

Old 05-12-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
looks great. I never noticed your clearance lights either. the bed liner and clearance lights really make your truck look tough
Thanks, thats really the look im going for, i figured once i get the bull bar like yours it will really help the looks, ive also been tossing the idea around of painting the roof of the truck black but that is just on the back burner for now. Ive got plenty of other projects to work on haha and i gotta keep the money moving in!

Another idea that i have to improve the tough look are some cragar rims, i also thought about replacing all the front end bushings and such what do you guys think of that idea?

Old 05-12-2010, 05:47 PM
BF Veteran

I was thinking about bed linering my roof too. To do the rocker panels and flares did you use more than what was in the kit? I'm getting ready to do mine. I'd recomend getting a westin push bar. the one I got has crappy mounts and it shakes I need to reinforce it. I guess you get what you pay for. Cragar rims would look nice if you weren't looking to spend a lot of money. If you want your truck to look really tough I'd get some 17" procomp extreme alloys. replacing the bushings wouldn't be a bad idea either

Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

looking good

Old 05-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Starting Member
Ck1500 is on a distinguished road

Blazer is looking real nice there Clark...

would look even better with a block M in place of the S you have though :P

just kidding...btw which bedliner did you use on rocker areas?

and a FYI... keep posting pics.. it will help motivate us all

Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I was thinking about bed linering my roof too. To do the rocker panels and flares did you use more than what was in the kit? I'm getting ready to do mine. I'd recomend getting a westin push bar. the one I got has crappy mounts and it shakes I need to reinforce it. I guess you get what you pay for. Cragar rims would look nice if you weren't looking to spend a lot of money. If you want your truck to look really tough I'd get some 17" procomp extreme alloys. replacing the bushings wouldn't be a bad idea either
as for the rocker panels i used the dublicolor roll on bed liner with the kit, however i had a good amount of rust so i spent about two days of solid work getting rid of that with the appropriate sand papers. For the flares i used the spray on but am going to go back over them with the roll on because i like the rougher finish better.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 PM
BF Veteran

so the kit was enough to do the rockers? did you have any left over? or should I be safe and get an extra can? lol I'll probably get the extra can anyway I could start on my frame

Quick Reply: Some new pictures