General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

something strange in the neighborhood...

Old 07-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Starting Member
junkmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default something strange in the neighborhood...

Yesterday I saw what looked like an ordinary S10 Blazer but all the decals said "TrailBlazer". It definately was not a newer, bigger current model TrailBlazer. Did Chevy actually have a S10 TrailBlazer model?

Also, when did the rear bumper get changed from a flat top to the dropped center section? Just curious.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: something strange in the neighborhood...

the trailblazer moniker was an upgraded package available 4 a short time.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:02 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^
Ditto!

The only ones I have seen are white, and the wheels have gold instead of graphite, the badges also have gold instead of graphite. Just the 5 or 6 I have seen anyway...

Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen quite a few of them in my area (Central PA), except they've been mostly dark blue.

As for the bumper question, looks like '98 was the first year for the 'drop down center' bumper. I actually prefer the 'flat top' bumper, looks cleaner...

Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think the color was limited on the trailblazer edition blazers. I personally have seen 2 maroon ones and 2 days ago i saw a green one. Though i do believe the gold accented rims are standard on those as the three i seen all had them. Lastcoupe would know for sure though.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen them in several colors, but I don't think they made them for very long.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

SEARCH!! LOL

Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah, i have seen them in dark blue, green, white, and tan(bronze). They are really different inside, pretty much the only difference. They did come with the gold accented rims standard with that package.

'98 was the first year for the 'drop down bumper' and i like it better than the 'flat top' style, adds a nice step, hides the hitch better, and integrates the license plate better.

-Lenny

Old 07-10-2007, 03:30 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbor had a black wtih tan trim inside with some mountains on the headrest. I think he had a built in air compressor. Other than that the trucks were the same.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:07 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

The trailblazer option was available on 1999-2001 model years. You could get it with any exterior color and it included the special wheels and two tone "neutral" interior (leather door trim and seats) with trailblazer logos embroidered in the front headrests and front door panels. It also included special rocker panel extensions (or moldings)..that really made the exterior look nice and clean IMO. I think all of them also had automatic climate control, and most had sunroofs etc...

Yes the rear bumper was changed in 1998, actually all of the exterior changes were done in 1998 with the exception of the mirrors which followed the next year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: something strange in the neighborhood...