General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Stupid teens....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Stupid teens....

So, my father-in-law has a 2002 Z71 GMC Sierra SLT and a brand new 26 foot camper with a 10 foot slide out.. He was leaving his house to take it to the campground the other day and some dumb teenage girl that had just got her lisence and may or may not have been slightly intoxicated came flying around a corner too fast in a VW Jetta, didn't even attempt to stop and in doing so, flipped a 7,000lb camper onto its side, snapping one ove the torsion bars attached to the truck, breaking both axles off of the camper, and lifting the rear of the truck slightly bending the frame... its amazing how people are so unaware of their surroundings. Oh and BTWon this road you can see peoplecoming from quite a distance, when my father-in-law saw the car coming from a little ways away he pulled off the edge of the road and stopped to give the car room to go by, because it is kind of a narrow road. She was going well over the speed limit and well, you can see the results...here are some pics...

They are lucky the camper didnt slide over the hill and pull the truck with it... Everyone is okay except my mother-in-law has some back and neck pain. I beleieve there is gonna be a settlement in the lawsuit for enough to get a new truck and camper.... the truck looks fine, except the frame is bent...... Just figured id share..

Old 07-02-2007, 11:01 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stupid teens....

That sucks dude. I hope they dont have to pay a penny like i did. With my first blazer i was going down this street and this girl that was 15 was driving her crack head moms 2005 Avalanche and tried to do a uturn in the middle of street. Ended up totally my blazer and they gave me less and i owed PLUS i had to buy a new car.......... Go Figure?

Old 07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
SDimeBlazerlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang what a way to start a Vaction......I'm glad things didn't get any worse...Teens are Stupid, few yrs back my Parents got hit by a under age drinking n driving teen and there F-150 got a bent bumper and my mom had a lil neck injury..Teen lost his lil fart can Civic though!Hope your Mother in Law recovers ok and hope your Father in Law takes this teen and her family to the Bank ...

Old 07-02-2007, 11:07 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Lil fart can civic, I LOVE IT!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yikes! Thank goodness no one was hurt. She must have been flying to have done that....

Old 07-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Damn that sucks! Are you sure the frame is bent on the truck?? Doesn't look all that bad from the pictures.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:24 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

Ouch, hope everything gets settled out ok.

Are you sure the frame is bent on the truck?? Doesn't look all that bad from the pictures.
Look at the spacing from the top of the bed (where it 'meets' the cab)to the bottom. Theres def. a bit of a difference between the 2. At least thats what I see from the pics anyways.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Frames are meant to twist and bend to a certain extent. You really need to see how it looks once its down on the ground.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:53 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

This actually happened saturday. The truck still looks like that even on the ground. It is driveable but it wobbles...lol The body shop says the frame is bent... still waiting to see what the insurance company wants to do..

the speed limit on this road is 35 mph.... can you believe the girl tried to tell the police she wasnt speeding.... i mean simple physics, a jetta would have to be going well over 35 mph to cause this kind of carnage to a stopped vehicle. . .

Old 07-03-2007, 03:20 AM
Administrator

The police know that from the scene reconstruction

On the frame, well, a good frame shop can bring that back in to spec without issue. I highly doubt it has compromised the frame...

Quick Reply: Stupid teens....