General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Synergy Offroad

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:24 AM
NCSWP is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Synergy Offroad

I ordered shackles, thermostat and the ES poly SB bushing kit exactly a week ago today...everything but the shackles came yesterday, still no shackles.
I expect more than this considering I paid $24 shipping on SMALL items, not to mention the fact that they're in Mass. and I'm in NC. I ordered them on a saturday morning, my order was not processed until 10 pm monday night? I understand being closed weekends or sundays but come on, I know they don't see many orders...10pm?????

Last edited by NCSWP; 04-03-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:44 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I completely disagree. Synergy is perhaps the BEST place to order parts from. The owner of the site is a fantastic individual and will bend over backwards to make things right if something goes wrong.

Have you tried contacting the owner with your concerns before bashing the site? I have spent more than a few dollars there over the years and have even purchased items directly from the owner.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:55 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Jigg seems to be a pretty good guy to me.

It's really tough to know the entire circumstances. I know that site alone won't pay the bills for him, so perhaps he was busy. Perhaps it's how long it takes the system to process it. Shipping is never a very sure thing too. I just got charged brokerage on some headlights which has never happened before. Cost me $20 on top of the $72 I payed for original shipping. It's a strange thing.

I'm not rushing to his defense here, or trying to come up with excuses for him, but there are many variables when it comes to shipping and online orders.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert
I completely disagree. Synergy is perhaps the BEST place to order parts from. The owner of the site is a fantastic individual and will bend over backwards to make things right if something goes wrong.

Have you tried contacting the owner with your concerns before bashing the site? I have spent more than a few dollars there over the years and have even purchased items directly from the owner.
The "best" hunh? That's not saying anything when there are really only a handful of places to get parts for these trucks. Maybe I was a little harsh and maybe he was busy; still doesn't change the fact that amazon and other mega companys can send me 150lbs worth of crap with free shipping in less than a week. S.O. barely got 4lbs worth of stuff to me in less than a week and my shackles STILL aren't here...$23 shipping, haha. This is why these small companys go under and it sucks but they should get it together.
Call it what you will, "bashing", review is more appropriate. I guess I'll give them another chance but the fact remains, I'm not impressed.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

dude so you realize that is how much it costs to ship things? to send a large text book from college its $10-$12 usps priority shipping. Big businesses such as amazon have deals with shipping companies and thats why they can have such a low shipping price. A small business like synergy charges the amount it actually costs to ship. He probably sent your stuff in two different boxes (which alot of places do yes even the big ones) I ordered a high lift jack and fitted floor mats from 4wheelparts.com (big company) shipping was $40, I got the high lift jack pretty quick, a week and a half later I got my floor mats, don't judge companies because of how shipping goes, once its out of the company's hands its on the shipping companies and half the time those are the ones screwed up, but I have to agree with everyone else that synergy is a very good company to get aftermarket parts for our blazers

Old 04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

The reason Amazon can give you free shipping on items and ship them almost immediately is because they are a multi-million dollar corporation. They have people payed to sit in warehouses and wait for the shipping orders to come in. Order comes in, they get the notification and they ship it to you.

In the case of Synergy, it looks like he's a small company and may only be doing this on the side. When something is shipped he most likely doesn't have an employee who does that for him. That means that if he got alot of orders that weekend he had a lot of parts to box up and ship out. To expect one man to be able to run such a tight ship and live an actual life is unreasonable and totally unfair.

Another thing... 10PM your time, Let's pretend he's in california, what's the time difference? He probably got everything he could together as fast as possible, and maybe Brown didn't show up at his door to pick up his parcels until near the end of the courier's shift. There's so many variables here it's just ridiculous to be pissed about something being shipped at a time later than you wanted, and maybe getting the parts a couple of days later than you wanted. I suggest getting in touch with him about your issues instead of shooting first and asking questions later. It's people bad-mouthing small companies run by guys like you and I that in the long run may lead to their demise.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Starting Member
btmbass is on a distinguished road

As someone in the online store customer service field I can say that most people expect online stores all to be the same. This is far from the case, as it has been mentioned large corporations get a heavy discounts from FedEx and UPS on shipping.

Its also well worth contacting the company before publicly claiming their service isn't very good, there could be many variable to explain the delay on the shackles that are beyond their control.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:13 PM

Like I said, I may have been a little harsh. Everyone keeps saying the same thing, I'm well aware guys why a company like Amazon can do that, hence why I called them a mega company when I mentioned them. I was just saying that's what drives places like Synergy out of business.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
Jigg seems to be a pretty good guy to me.

It's really tough to know the entire circumstances. I know that site alone won't pay the bills for him, so perhaps he was busy. Perhaps it's how long it takes the system to process it. Shipping is never a very sure thing too. I just got charged brokerage on some headlights which has never happened before. Cost me $20 on top of the $72 I payed for original shipping. It's a strange thing.

I'm not rushing to his defense here, or trying to come up with excuses for him, but there are many variables when it comes to shipping and online orders.

How long did it take for you to receive your item? I sent them 2 emails about a tracking number, but haven't received an email back yet :

-OSS

Old 06-13-2011, 01:02 PM

I think it took about a week and a half.

Quick Reply: Synergy Offroad