General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Thanks fellow Blazer owners!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:16 AM
deadmanet is on a distinguished road
Cool Thanks fellow Blazer owners!

Not really a technical issue anymore, but if mods feel it needs to be moved, please do so....

Just wanted to thank all of you here that answer our questions all the time. I unfortunately don't know enough about enough to do the same.

I recently had an issue with the Blazer not starting when it rains. After some searching on here, I decided to check my cap. No visible cracking(didn't take it off due to not supposed to be working on vehicles in my apt's parking lot). But, I did try an electrical sealant that is supposed to not only help remove any water/condensation, it seals it. I sprayed it all over the cap and let it sit for a few hours.

Well, must have had a crack in there somewhere, and the sealant must have worked, as we have had an unusually warm week here in Indy, and some rainy days instead of snow. But haven't any issues with it since. Still plan on in the near future taking it to a friend's house and taking a better look at it just in case.

So, thanks again guys, saved me a lot of trouble/money having to take it to the shop.