General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Thanks to the forum and its people for info that may hav kept my blazer frm flames

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road
Wink Thanks to the forum and its people for info that may hav kept my blazer frm flames

I have been having lil issues with this and that for a while but never woulda thought of the cat converter til a few days ago. I read thru MANY threads and thank goodness I did. My converter was completely blocked and my blazer started cutn out trying to die today. After reading the threads I knew the way it was acting was a sign of the cat. I got it off the road after limping a few miles and the cat wasnt glowing but it wasnt far from it. Had I kept driving like I would have before reading the things on here I have no doubt in my mind that it prob woulda got hot enuf to literally catch fire. I have known for yrs they were capable of flames, but never knew what the symptoms were. So considering I was in the country with no one around, I wouldnt have known if it caught fire until who knows when. So thanks so much everyone for ur info, threads and time to post on here cause it taught me lots and ended up saving me from what could of been a very bad, scary situation. Loved the forum b4 today, love it way more now

Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

We are so good.

Glad it didnt turn into a roasted marshmellow

Old 09-03-2012, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

After reading the threads I knew the way it was acting was a sign of the cat.
<--- If anyone feels searching isn't a good thing, think again!

WTG & I'm glad that you found an answer &/or ideas, read up on things & that helped you get the blazer & yourself home safe.

It's not about what's out there, it's about how you use it!

Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Starting Member

I am glad I did keep searching and reading, even if I didnt THINK it was related to my issues. And unlike I read in MANY MANY threads/posts and unlike many people have said for yrs...NOT EVER did I smell rotten eggs or ne smell to alert me of a problem. So considering the usual symptom that alerts of a cat problem wasnt present, it was what I had read that helped me realize what the problem was.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

You pay attention, listen to what has been said & uses that knowledge/info. - Not a normal woman lol... WTG Mel!!!
Cheers & a hug lmao!

Old 09-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for giving me props!! I am far from the average woman for sure LMAO I went and borrowed a sawzaw and my sister and I cut it off ourselves. And Lady Luck loves me sooo much, that she thought rain would b great to help wash the crap off our WHITE shirts LMAO plan on putn flex pipe on tomoro as well as changing my thermostat so.....nope, Im not a "normal" woman THANK GOD LOL