General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Thinking bout tradingin the blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Beginning Member
ChevyRacing88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking bout tradingin the blazer

So im thinking about trading in my blazer, but kinda keepin the same thing, lookin at gettin a S-10 ZR2...around 03'ish... My question is, does anyone know how big the back seat is? It just needs to be big enough for my son so sit in, hes 19 months old so hes got a car seat.. I am buying a house that needs some work done so when i go to menards n such i got a truck to use instead of always borrowing my dads silverado thats a damn gas hog...Ive just never acutally seen the backseat of an S-10...

Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Unless you get a 4 door S10, they are tiny. I think they are just a jump seat which folding into the side of the cab if you're not using it.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Beginning Member
ChevyRacing88 is an unknown quantity at this point

not really looking for room..jus big enough for my son to fit in... no one ever rides with me but him regardless

Old 01-06-2010, 11:42 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Not 100% on this but the S10's may have the ability to turn off the passenger's side air bag. I know most trucks have this option and I can't see why the S10's wouldn't. As far as how much room is back there...very little. I'm not even sure you could strap in a car seat, let alone you would want to.

As for Silerados getting terrible milage, I only wish I got the milage my dad gets on his 99 Z71 with the 5.3.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by AJBert
Not 100% on this but the S10's may have the ability to turn off the passenger's side air bag. I know most trucks have this option and I can't see why the S10's wouldn't. As far as how much room is back there...very little. I'm not even sure you could strap in a car seat, let alone you would want to.

As for Silerados getting terrible milage, I only wish I got the milage my dad gets on his 99 Z71 with the 5.3.
I get around the same mileage as my dads Dodge 1500 with the 5.7l V8

Old 01-07-2010, 08:29 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Beast
I get around the same mileage as my dads Dodge 1500 with the 5.7l V8
You're lifted with bigger tires right? You basically geared your truck up... hence the mileage, but I bet you can go places he can't!

As for the airbag, I don't know if you can disable it but you may be able to get a bench seat, meaning you could have him in the middle, right next to you and out of airbag range.

As for those jump seats, if they're anything like the Ranger I could barely fit back there when I was 10 yrs old.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:41 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure they are jump seats, which won't accomodate a car seat (atleast not in a safe manner). There really isn't much room back there at all if you only get the extended cab.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

They are jump seats. My gf's dad had an S-10 before he got an F-150. Highly doubt you'd want to put a 19 month old back there.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by oktain
You're lifted with bigger tires right? You basically geared your truck up... hence the mileage, but I bet you can go places he can't!
Nope, no lift, no big tires, all stock we both get about 20mpg highway, he gets 12mpg city and I get ~14mpg (low 14's)

But our driving styles are different too which has a lot to do with it

Old 01-07-2010, 05:19 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

One of my friends owns an S-10 and another owns a Ranger. The seat is pretty much identical. Both jump seats.

Also, the S-10 has the passenger air bag shut-off too. You just use your key and turn it. I know this because I was able to use my Blazer key to turn off his air bag.

Quick Reply: Thinking bout tradingin the blazer