General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Torsion bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 04:04 PM
BritishColumbiafishing is on a distinguished road
Default Torsion bars

Does any one know where I can find torsion bars for 2002 4 door?

Old 12-12-2022, 11:00 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Wrecker, u-Pull, etc. Any S-series truck will be compatible. I don't think anyone makes them anymore. If you can, you may want to try to find some from a ZR2 or one with the Z85 off-road stiffer spring package. They will have a stiffer spring rate, and will help combat the saggy t-bars after holding up your truck for 20+ years.

FYI, the torsion bars will have the last 3 digits of the part number stamped on the flared end of the bar, in the crossmember. There's a list of the part numbers in this thread.

Last edited by El_Beautor; 12-12-2022 at 11:01 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-12-2022, 11:56 AM
BritishColumbiafishing is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Wrecker, u-Pull, etc. Any S-series truck will be compatible. I don't think anyone makes them anymore. If you can, you may want to try to find some from a ZR2 or one with the Z85 off-road stiffer spring package. They will have a stiffer spring rate, and will help combat the saggy t-bars after holding up your truck for 20+ years.

FYI, the torsion bars will have the last 3 digits of the part number stamped on the flared end of the bar, in the crossmember. There's a list of the part numbers in this thread.
Do you know the spline count and the total length

Old 12-12-2022, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

They're not splined. They are a 6 sided hex on both ends. The rear are flared to prevent them moving in the adjustment keys, and the front are not, to allow them to slide deeper in the control arm when installing/removing.

I don't have the length close to hand either. I have a spare set somewhere in my parts pile, but it's -25*C outside right now, and I don't feel like digging around outside to find and measure them. Google or another forum member might help with that.

Old 12-12-2022, 01:56 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Ah hell.

Now I need to add getting new torsion bars to my to-do list!

Thanks for nothing for giving me this idea!

LOL

Old 12-12-2022, 02:59 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by christine_208
Ah hell.

Now I need to add getting new torsion bars to my to-do list!

Thanks for nothing for giving me this idea!

LOL
Isn't that the whole point of this forum? Help each other out and give each other ideas to keep us busy!

If either of you were closer I'd offer my spare set of t-bars but I really don't want to try to figure out how to ship something like that.

Old 12-12-2022, 06:18 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Isn't that the whole point of this forum? Help each other out and give each other ideas to keep us busy broke!
Fixed that for you.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tom A
Fixed that for you.
LOL

At first I was i interested in saving money by trying to keep my Blazer on the road as long as possible. Now it has evolved into a hobby!

Old 12-13-2022, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Tom A
Fixed that for you.
Ain't that the truth!

Originally Posted by christine_208
LOL

At first I was i interested in saving money by trying to keep my Blazer on the road as long as possible. Now it has evolved into a hobby!
It really is. I had my Blazer, and then when it finally needed to be replaced I just went and got a crew cab Sonoma. The upside is that the CC Sonoma is the truck I had wanted since I was 16, and after driving it for close to 10 years I'm still in love with the stupid thing.