General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Towing from Missouri to Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road
Default Towing from Missouri to Minnesota

I just found out my '02 Blazer and I are heading to STL today to pick up some stuff. My parents sold their house and said if anybody wants anything it is yours and come get it. I got the good stuff...tools, dinning room table, grill and so on. I have never had to toe anything for a super long period of time. Any suggestions.... The trailer size isn't the largest but large to me 6' x 12' Cargo Trailer considering I usually tow my small boat.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

If it keeps shifting out & in to OD then leave it in 3rd, not OD.
Make sure air pressure is where you want it, oil, trans, coolant etc are topped up.
Small convex sticky mirrors are a huge help when having to shoulder check & you only see the trailer. They help to see what's coming up in the other lane.
I usually bring a jerry can of gas just in case the mileage really gets bad & I don't want to be stuck on the side of the highway.
Tire repair in a can is always good to have in case the trailer gets a flat.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

I have never pulled anything that heavy and she handled it like a champ. I got better gas millage then my normal daily commute to work lol. The worst part of the trip is my wife has never had a cat so she put it on a lease at a rest stop and the thing went nuts. I had to basically drop what I was doing and tackle the cat before she pulled the collar off. The cat sunk her teeth pretty deep right into my hand. I haven't figured out how to unload the thing yet w/ a bum back and hand. The wife feels so bad so basically I can get away with not doing jack poo for a while lol.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Cats can be vicious!
As for unloading, open the doors, throw it in reverse & hammer the brakes.
Just make sure you takes your things out 1st.