General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Trailblazer/Envoy vs Blazer/Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trailblazer/Envoy vs Blazer/Jimmy

When I was looking to buy, my boyfriend asked if I wanted a blazer or a trailblazer. I told him that the trailblazer was just out of my price range @ the moment, to which he replied that they made a trailblazer and envoy "version" of the blazer and jimmy. Now I've seen a few of these around Pgh,Pa and am wondering what the differences are between them and say a regularblazer??
Is it just trim or other add ons too?? Does anyone know?

I know that the jimmyshad a special trim, but I'm talking about the actual envoys with different headlights and all..

Thanks

Old 02-10-2008, 12:08 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Trailblazer/Envoy vs Blazer/Jimmy

The trailblazer version of a blazer is mainly all trim work (two tone leather seats, gold accented badging and wheels, and some other stuff) pretty much a dressed up LT model. Same thing goes with the envoy over a regular jimmy.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The Trailblazer/Envoy prior to 2002 is just a trim package on the Blazer/Jimmy respectively. Many more 'standard' features, embroidery on the seats/door panels. Different rims. The Envoy was available with true HID headlights. Auto Climate control standard. Two tone leather seating standard on the trailblazer. Auto4wd standard. etc...

Old 02-10-2008, 08:46 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt realized that they made a trailblazer in our body styles till over the weekend when i saw one at the mall, and i was going to ask about it but i seen this post

Old 02-11-2008, 02:34 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Yea you would be amazed at all the vehicles with different names that are the same as other models just got a few different upgrades to them!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 03:29 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

The Trailblazer/Envoy prior to 2002 is just a trim package on the Blazer/Jimmy respectively. Many more 'standard' features, embroidery on the seats/door panels. Different rims. The Envoy was available with true HID headlights. Auto Climate control standard. Two tone leather seating standard on the trailblazer. Auto4wd standard. etc...
Didn't they also have an air compressor in the back???

Old 02-11-2008, 04:41 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The Bravada's had the compressor as well, I think... It's part of the auto-levelling system.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:18 AM
zombiewoof is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a little off topic but....I saw a brand new trail blazer the other day and I was quite impressed...the new body style looks great....If I could afford to get one thats the vehicle Ide be driving....

Old 02-11-2008, 06:25 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: drperry

The Bravada's had the compressor as well, I think... It's part of the auto-levelling system.
This one was in the back and used as an actual compressor.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:37 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, they've got a hose attatchment or something, lol.

The same compressor drives the auto-levelling...

Though, some actually come with a completely separate and removable air compressor.

Quick Reply: Trailblazer/Envoy vs Blazer/Jimmy