General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Trailer wiring kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Starting Member
fondo has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Trailer wiring kit

I was wondering where I might find a trailer wiring kit for my 1993 olds bravada. Is it possible to find one for this year or will I have to do something else? Also is there a kit that eliminates any cutting or splicing something that is as easy as plug in and go. Thanks

Old 12-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Trailer wiring kit

as far as I know if you purchase a kit for a 93 blazer S-10/15 it will fit.
you can try places like Autozoned or a truck parts place (Camper shell shops)
they are pretty cut and dry clip ins and come with instructions usually.
Im no Electrician and Ive installed a few without any fires.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:00 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I got mine from bumper to bumper auto parts. Was like $18 if I remember right.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Starting Member
fondo has a little shameless behavior in the past

ORIGINAL: fondo

I was wondering where I might find a trailer wiring kit for my 1993 olds bravada. Is it possible to find one for this year or will I have to do something else? Also is there a kit that eliminates any cutting or splicing something that is as easy as plug in and go. Thanks
I was gonna install a kit that I bought from a local trailer store and was surprised to find that I had a flat 4 plug wire harness partially installed all ready. I found it when I removed the spare tire and jack from the rear driver side inner quarter panel and started shuffling some of the tail light wires around. The kit I bought has a black box with a 12v feed wire that runs directly off of the battery along with all the other necessary wires coming out of it. I believe this is an isolator box. Is it recommended that I use this instead of the simple harness that is already in use (partially). I would like to stick with this simple set up and get my $45 back from the trailer store (even though it says on the receipt: "NO REFUNDS ON ELECTRICAL PARTS"). The harness has not been routed outside of the truck for some reason and I'm not exactly sure which way I want it to go. Any Ideas? I was thinking about cutting the flat 4 connector block off and then running the feed wires under the rear most of the carpet and then down and out through one of the two existing holes that are used for the tailgate electrical and the license plate light pigtail. Then I would crimp the wires back together and run the ground wire to a nearby ground cable screw. Either one of the holes has a rubber grommet that I will have to run the wires through or on the outside of. Think that will work?