General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Tranny GONE

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:27 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tranny GONE

Well the transmission i just had rebuilt 2 months ago, i think , just blew up. I was at a stop light and I go to accelerate and all i hear is this LOUD knocking and the truck shakes VERY bad. When i pulled into the nearest driveway i got out thinking it was a flat tire floppin around but when i looked around i saw that all my tires were ok. When i looked under the truck i smelt this nasty burning smell but didn't notice anything leaking. The truck at idle is fine but when i shift it into drive the rpms drop to be 450 to 500 and when u move it just knocks and shakes.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tranny GONE

dude.....that SUCKS!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if you had it done at a reputable shop it may still be under warranty. My sis had a transmission rebuilt in one of her cars and it came with a 2 year warranty..........but then again they had to rebuild it like 4 times in that 2 years because they did not do quality work.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:33 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Nevermind it wasnt the tranny, it was a completey destoryed motor mount. The xfer case drive shaft was hitting the case of the trans causing it to rattle and shake. I will be replacing it and also adding a limiter rod. Right now i have mounted a piece of wood in the spot and chained down that engine.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:08 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

*phew* motor mount is waaaay less cheaper than a trannie

Old 09-22-2007, 10:06 AM

well the tranny was gonna be under warrenty. well this mount is number 6 i've replaced.