General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Ultimate Family Blazer (no fun)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Yeah its really just about what you like and what makes you happy. I like and dislike alot of trucks on this forum and I'm sure people like or dislike my truck but I'm happy with it. Just make it your own and you will learn to love your Blazer

Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Starting Member
99lsdriven is on a distinguished road

"im dropping my 2 door 2wd when i get the money. slapping some classic enkies on it. aftermarket headlights, tail lights and get neons on the interior and get them to pulse to my sound system. just a few things"

Does Enkei make rims with the same bolt pattern as a blazer?

Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

As said, it's only boring to you if you let it be boring to you. I prefer a 4x over a 2wd any day but can make a 2 wheeler to my liking in many ways as well. Lock the rear end, some clearance and grippy tires and you can have some trail fun. Little lower and a small block swap and there's a fun street beater. Then there's always just building a mpg saving runabout. All in what you make of it

Old 09-14-2012, 08:26 AM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road

IMHO... If my Blazer was the 2wd variety I would do a lowering kit of some sort, a mean sounding exhaust, trick looking headlight and taillights, a loud audio system, a body kit and some decent size rims and tires. Make it all look clean and pretty... But if you unsure what you want to do then do some research here on the site and see if you find a ride that looks good to you and find out what they did and where they scored the parts or even combine a couple different looks. Develop a plan of what you want to have in the end and then mod accordingly... Good Luck...

Old 09-15-2012, 01:19 AM
jtbwatson is on a distinguished road

Today I went to a few scrap yards and got some little things. I was primarily looking for door panels and seats but ended up not finding any that were in shape. I got a dash speaker cover since one of mine was cracked and also got the idea to paint them black. Taking those ****ers out is almost impossible, but they look awesome black. I also got a dimmer switch since my dash lights were out and now they're back to normal

I painted the front dash panel black also, and I'm already regretting it. So back to the yards tomorrow to see if I can find a black one that started out that way. The spray paint just looks crappy and with the humidity down here, I doubt that it'll last.

Still looking for black seats and black door panels. That's the main thing for tomorrow.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:05 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

sounds she just might grow on you yet.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Blue thunder 2000 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 99lsdriven
"im dropping my 2 door 2wd when i get the money. slapping some classic enkies on it. aftermarket headlights, tail lights and get neons on the interior and get them to pulse to my sound system. just a few things"

Does Enkei make rims with the same bolt pattern as a blazer?
these fit! getting powder coated black instead of gold.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:05 PM
jtbwatson is on a distinguished road

Here are some pictures of what I did to it yesterday and this morning. Nothing special.

painted the front dash cover black

painted the dash speaker covers black. unfortunately the left one, that I got off of a 2000 s10 doesnt fit properly, but it's close enough and i'm the only one that will notice. also, yay for expired registration! on my todo list..

also painted the glove box black. kind of going for a 2 tone interior, but can't find seats or door panels yet.

if anyone knows how to get the air bag cover and far right AC vent off, please let me know.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Beginning Member
redz is on a distinguished road

Looks Good..

Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

For me any 2wd is boring & I'm an old man. So I can't help you Sorry.