General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Upgrade to Leather and Power??

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Beginning Member
85kulan is on a distinguished road
Default Upgrade to Leather and Power??

I found a nice set of front and rear leather seats for my blazer at a good price, though shipping is about the same. The front seats happen to have power, lumbar, and heat. How difficult would it be to wire these to my 03 being that it does not have power? Also, would it be cheaper to take the current seat covers off, and have new leather made?

New tailights installed, corners arrive tomorrow. KC fogs come in thursday and some Westins by the weekend. Then off to the shop for engine,suspension etc... I'll try to have pictures up soon

Old 08-18-2009, 12:52 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Is there a wiring harness underneath your current seats? I wouldn't be surprised if GM put the wiring in all the trucks and the only difference is in the seats themselves.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Beginning Member
85kulan is on a distinguished road

I'll give it a look in the morning. I read an old post from someone in a similar postion and they had no wiring. Have a good night

Old 08-18-2009, 01:15 AM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

I can tell you it cost about $900 for a full set of leather seat covers. I need a bottom passenger leather cover for our Jeep GC Limited 5.9. These seats are one off. Only the Limited 5.9 had them & I'm having a heck of a time finding any. It is hard to find a shop to build a cover.