General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Very bad experience with Ebay and their seller

Old 07-20-2016, 10:32 AM
Beginning Member
French ChevyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Very bad experience with Ebay and their seller

Dear all, a long time without giving news because of old parents health difficulties needing many time for them ..... But today I would like prevent you from a bad experience I have had some hours ago .
I have ordered on Ebay a " Floor shifter assembly " for my Blazer . It was as spare parts in the case of ...............The announcement, Bravada 2001 Transmission Shift Assembly 450014 | eBay
was showing an assembly including the "wood" top and the shifter and above seeming in good shape and it was proposed with a 90 days waranty . Shipped in good conditions, and when I open the package what a surprise it was only the under part of the shifter , totaly rusty with missing parts rending the piece un usable ! (parts for unlocking manualy the shifter if necessary and others !) A shame and they give a 90 days warabty !!!!!!
So I have placed a claim with Ebay and 2hours after I receive an answer saying they will not consider my claim because w hat I have received was in line with the description ! During the 2 hours I have done a search and found that the seller has placed another offer with same photo, description, and waranty with another article N° (see the link above) ! !!!!!
The Seller H & W AUTO SALVAGE in Springfield Missouri www. handwsalvage . com is not my recommendation and Ebay covers such unfair business ! Was it because I am a French customer and risks of claim are limited ?
Now you are informed and Take care !

Old 07-20-2016, 01:43 PM
Racer_X is on a distinguished road

You might be able to appeal the claim decision. If you can appeal it, take several good pictures of what you got, and include those with your appeal, and also include that opening picture of the shifter and what you expected to get.

If you can't appeal through eBay, PayPal might be able to put the payment into dispute/claim status. I don't think there's any way to do that through the web site any more, but if you call them on the phone and explain the situation, you might get someone at PayPal who can help you out. Again, provide pictures of what you got, and the one (or more) picture from the seller that shows what you feel you were being sold.

Having said that, here's a few tips for eBay buying in general.
  • Read the seller's negative and neutral feedback on their profile. I'm not saying you'll have a problem, but that shows how they've handled other problems in the past.
  • I don't buy from a seller with 2 or more negative or neutral feedbacks received in past 6 months or with 5 or more negative + neutral feedbacks in the past year.
  • Don't buy from a listing where the seller doesn't explicitly say "You will get the exact part/item shown in the picture." The picture should show exactly what you want and nothing else.
  • Avoid buying a part from a listing that shows the entire car/truck in one of the pictures, and the engine bay in another picture, especially if the part you are buying isn't under the hood.
I see enough red flags for that listing and that seller that I wouldn't have even tried to buy anything from them.

You'll have to weigh the cost of your time and of international phone calls against what you've already paid to determine how far you want to pursue a refund.