General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Volunteer firefighters

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 03:32 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough
Default Volunteer firefighters

Anybody besides me? Do ya'll have any lights and sirens on your blazers, if so I'd love to see pics. So far I only have a sho-me mini light bar on the roof and wig-wags. I just got a 4 function sho-me siren from the department and as soon as I get a speaker I'm gonna try to mount it. I've been trying to keep all my mounting as clean as I can without wires everywhere and only one switch box on the console but the siren controller might have to look out of place. I might paint it to match the inside and help it blend a little better.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Volunteer firefighters

*raises hand*

Volly here as well. I just have a Whelen Dual Talon dash light hard wired to a lighted switch in my overhead console.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Zed
Zed is an unknown quantity at this point

Paid Guy here , I'm the old F'er on the left

Moved up in the ranks a bit since then though

Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 PM

My switch box I built

My peeling roof with the light bar

the siren box that can't any good spot to mount.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Zed you fit the bill of what I would think an pro firefighter would look like, lol. Most people find it odd that I'm a volunteer when they see me with streched ears, lip piercing, long hair, and tats.

I tried to get on a a full timer (before the body mods) but I was told I wasn't the right race or sex cause they were only allowed to hire black females due to issues. I went back 3 years in a row and was told the same thing. Due to government red tape I was passed over and I had real fire training at the school in camden (only one in this state). Oh well.