General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Wanting to make my 2004 Blazer Xtreme more modern...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:37 AM
2004-Blazer-Xtreme is on a distinguished road
Default Wanting to make my 2004 Blazer Xtreme more modern...

Idk exactly what I mean but like, make it ride as smooth as it possibly can. Get rid of interior rattles. And just more modern parts. Like maybe leather seats out of a new Chevy vehicle like the spark. Or a custom center console that looks oem but have modern parts. Sound deaden the whole thing is defiantly a for sure thing going to happen. Just let me know what I can do and what I can’t do to make it ride smoother but level it at the same time, by level I mean lower the rear end about 2 inches. Thanks!!

Old 10-03-2019, 06:41 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum!

Because of the plastics on the interior of these trucks, it's hard to make them not rattle squeak...

The best result I got while chasing the same thing in my 04 4 door Blazer is to buy and install new door panel clips. If you've ever had the door panels off, the 15 year old plastic clips lose their hold-on strength as soon as they're removed and reinstalled and keep the door panel from holding firm against the door, so they rattle...

I made a quick video of how I helped the situation a lot

As you mentioned, some sound deadening would probably help too. Could do the inside of the door skins while you have the panels off to replace the clips.

For modernizing the interior, if you're able to fabricate brackets for the seats, that opens up a ton of possibility. You'll want to keep your seat selection down to small or possibly some mid size car seats, most truck seats are just going to be too big.

A good example was my 2013 Cadillac ATS seats that I started to graft into the same Blazer. I only got around to getting the driver's seat in, but I stumbled on some pristine condition Diamond Edition interior so I scrapped that project lol. BUT, the Caddy seats were a pretty good fit after welding up some custom brackets and getting the wiring done. They were SUPER comfortable.

Retrofitting a new console from a different vehicle in between the seats might be pretty difficult though. The space between the seats is VERY slim, that's why the original Blazer and S10 consoles are so skinny... But I'm sure there's plenty of options out there, I just have never really bothered to look.

Old 10-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Default Thanks!!!!

Alright I appreciate it man. Really helpful. I’ve already ordered the sound deadener and clips. Now I need to find seats. Idk I may just have the stock seats redone with leather because I can’t find my self being able to find a back seat that’s going to fold down like mine do

Old 10-04-2019, 09:34 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just comb the junk yards for a Blazer with leather seats and get them?

Old 10-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Why not just comb the junk yards for a Blazer with leather seats and get them?
He might have my issue where the closet junk yards are picked clean of anything S10 or Blazer. I'm stuck browsing forums, ebay, and craigslist constantly.

Old 10-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Default .

I live in a town with the population 2600 there are 2 junk yards in the surrounding countys none have any blazers and it would be even harder to find one with the black leather because Most leather interiors in blazers were tan

Old 10-04-2019, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I hear you on the efforts of finding parts. I'm thinking of getting my interior customized to look like the trailblazer interior. Removing carpet and bed lining the floor.

Come to think about it, the gfs center console in her malibu is about the same as the blazers... different is, and would have to modify the hole for the shifter if you done have the floor shifter.