General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Well it seems to be the end of the road for this Blazer.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:14 PM
v8vette84 is on a distinguished road
Default Well it seems to be the end of the road for this Blazer.

Well today the Blazer was acting funny so I got on it to see if it was accelerating normally and once she hit 4k the rpms climbed REALLY slow and she started to make a funny noise so I let out and continued down the road. Stopped at a red light maybe a 1/4 mile down the road and she stalled on me.

Turn the key, "click click", won't turn over. Gauge reading 12v so I push her off to the side of the road and after waiting 10 mins (temp gauge also was reading very high) I was finally able to get her started again after forcing one rotation after another until the engine caught and barely started.

^Knocking away with no power and a bad miss. My buddy has had (3) 4.3's that died in the same fashion.

146,656 miles and I'm the 2nd owner. (My father in law is the original owner and was very meticulous about maintenance) The oil level was at the top of the full line after the tow home and I changed it regularly by myself when I bought it. Plus judge all you want but I owned this blazer for 10k miles and treated her very well. I didn't beat on the Blazer, I have a Corvette for my go-fast needs.

I'm not enthused with the 4.3 V6 considering this one died on me and I have seen a few die on my friend. Must be the luck of the draw. (It always seemed down on power to me and now it makes sense if it was gradually grenading itself) I have never had these problems with the small block chevys I have owned/driven. (4.3L V8 [L99], 305's, 350's) I'm not impressed with this 4.3 V6, it always seemed to have an issue.

RIP little 4.3, you should have lasted longer...

I would consider an engine swap but I don't have the equipment here to do an engine swap and I don't really want another 4.3 V6 after this.