General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what are the 3 buttons with the red light on my over head console?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Beginning Member
haha29 is on a distinguished road
Default what are the 3 buttons with the red light on my over head console?

can anyone tell me what do any of the 3 buttons on my overhead console that light up the red light inside of the what looks like a house do

Old 02-20-2010, 11:34 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

.... not without a pic..

Old 02-20-2010, 11:48 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Whilst you seemed to stop mid sentance . . . I'm guessing you've got a garage door opener fitted. Seemd to recall reading something about it in the owners manual.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

wow i can actually contribute an answer..cool

anyway to answer ur question directly.. as kiwiblazer stated and was correct,those buttons are a garage door opener,i have the exact same thing in my 97 bravada,i think you can program the two other buttons to do the same but im not entirely sure on that.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:11 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yeah you can program them for different things like your garage door, your parkade door, or a workplace gate and things of that nature. I beleive if you have a garage door opener, or a remote to open the gate, thats all you need to 'teach' the ones in your car the correct signal much like using your TV/DVD/Stereo remotes to teach your universal remote. Read your owners manual on how to do that.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Beginning Member
deck101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Yeah you can program them for different things like your garage door, your parkade door, or a workplace gate and things of that nature. I beleive if you have a garage door opener, or a remote to open the gate, thats all you need to 'teach' the ones in your car the correct signal much like using your TV/DVD/Stereo remotes to teach your universal remote. Read your owners manual on how to do that.
Cool! I too have been wondering what those are used for. Is there any way someone can explain how to program them. My truck which I got used did not come with a user manual

Old 02-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Download a digital copy of your owners manual at GMOwnerCenter.yahoo.com.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Beginning Member
deck101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Download a digital copy of your owners manual at GMOwnerCenter.yahoo.com.
Thanks. I never knew you could do such a thing.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deck101
Thanks. I never knew you could do such a thing.
No problem! Glad to help!