General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What is the best year Blazer to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member
Confuused69 is on a distinguished road
Default What is the best year Blazer to buy?

Ive got myself a nice project. But I am looking for something nice to drive so I wont be driving a project around. I want to know what the best years of the 98-05 generation Blazers. I know throughout the years there were very small changes, but.... I just would like to know. I wanna girl to sit in my truck nad be like.... Hmmm I think im going to take my panties off. Not..... Hmmm I think theres something crawling up my leg.... Ahaha what? Anyways! Thanks

Old 09-23-2009, 07:04 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a 2000 and i like it. works for me anyway.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:27 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
i got a 2000 and i like it. works for me anyway.
X2 on that!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:46 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

They're all pretty much the same in that generation. Generally (as is with all vehicles) the newer you go the less problems you will have, but it will usually cost you more.
I have an '01 and haven't had any major problems with it (knock on wood). All minor stuff which were all fairly common problems with the Blazer.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Beginning Member
99midnightLT is an unknown quantity at this point

Love my '99, I can still claim that both of my cars are from the 90s.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

I got a 2000. Bought it after deciding I like the 98+ Dash and front end. I knew I would have swapped both if I got a 95-97 since it didn't look as good to me.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
I got a 2000. Bought it after deciding I like the 98+ Dash and front end. I knew I would have swapped both if I got a 95-97 since it didn't look as good to me.
Agreed. I don't like the look at the 95-97 front ends. Even the 98's were a bit different from the final design. I wasn't a big fan of the 98's either.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

I Love my '03
all blazer... fewer "design errors"

:P

Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 PM
huntersblaze is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Agreed. I don't like the look at the 95-97 front ends. Even the 98's were a bit different from the final design. I wasn't a big fan of the 98's either.
What's visibly different from the 98 front ends compared to the 99+ front ends?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by huntersblaze
What's visibly different from the 98 front ends compared to the 99+ front ends?
yeah Sisk, what's different between my '98 and your '01? beside the mirrors on your '01, which have a "true" fold-away design, compared to the "half" fold-away design of mine, i can't think of anything.

look, i still can't see the difference, can you see the difference?

Attached Thumbnails What is the best year Blazer to buy?-98_chevrolet_blazer_lt_4dr.jpg   What is the best year Blazer to buy?-2001_blazer_4dr_4x4.jpg  

Quick Reply: What is the best year Blazer to buy?