General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What is a Blazer and is it a dead vehicle.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Beginning Member
David Reeves is on a distinguished road
Default What is a Blazer and is it a dead vehicle.

I recentley asked a question about the engine in my Chevorlet Tahoe- I have owned a 1974 Blazer and several S-10 Blazers. Now I own two Tahoes and have owned several more Tahoes and Yukons. I have always assumed that the big blazer evolved into the Tahoe/Youkon line. Anyway when I posted my question it was deleted and I was told to put the question into the Lounge because my vehicle was not a blazer. Can someone tell me why and not act snobbish about it. IF this is the case this forum will eventually die, because General motors has quit making blazers and every day another Blazer hits the scrap yards. There will eventually be very few Blazers but plenty of their evolutionized offspring. I.E. Tahoe, Youkon and a few more smaller ones too.
Please note that the 1969 Blazer and it is the Grand Daddy of all. I really never considered an S-10 a real Blazer. A blazer in my day could pull as much as a tractor and I have pulled trailer loads of peanuts out of the field @2.5+ tons each. And would hook two trailers together to travel 15 miles to town. I couldn't stop but I damn sure could pull. That goes for my Tahoe too.
Thanks
Dave Reeves

Last edited by David Reeves; 12-16-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added another comment.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

trailblazers are part of the blazer family..and they still make them..i personally believe a blazer is...the same general shape...as the olds, bravada, gmc jimmy, chevy s-10, and a few other sub-brands...as long as there are any of those who share the same typical.."look"...blazers will always be remembered wether it be 20 years or a 100 years down the road..i'm sure some one some where is hoarding 1 or 2 mind cond. blazers in thier garage like ppl do with old roadsters or cars from the 50's and 60's..and some one will revamp the idea to a car manftr to start another line like they have with the comaro's, fire bird's, charger's, mustang's, superbee's and challanger's, even the old VW beatle (bug), and many, many, MANY more...

Last edited by MuddBunny84; 12-16-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:55 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

^^ I'm going to go ahead and 2nd that.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

K5 blazer started it all:

k5 blazer --> 1st gen blazer & s10 blazer (came in differnt trim packages like tahoe, silverado and durango) from there:

1st gen --> tahoe
and
s10 blazer --> 2gen

2gen died in NA in 2005, but spawned a trim package called trail blazer on it's way out which became like the s10 blazer of the tahoes after the 2gen died out in the north.

There are other styles jimmy/s15/yukon/bravada/typhoon/syclone etc. later the envoy/trailblazer/rainier and a hand full of others.

not trying to be snobbish, but if your post got pulled down, that is between you and the mod that did it. PM them about it :icon-shrug:
also, just like everything else, this site will die out. but look at the guys rebuilding model t's model a's etc. in the end, there will always be someone that wants to resurrect his first car etc. the blazer will be around for a while to come. longer than me....

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-16-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:39 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP, as you may have noticed by the picture in the forum header banner, this site was created with the emphasis toward the S-10 Blazer and its corporate twins (Olds Bravada, GMC Jimmy). As the forum matured, we added sub-sections for other vehicles that either preceded the S-10 using the Blazer name (K5 Blazer), or replaced the Blazer (TrailBlazer, Buick Ranier, GMC Envoy). It was never intended to be a site for all GM vehicles. As for dying, even the Tahoe/Yukon line will disappear in time. Hope this answers your questions.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

long live the blazer

Old 12-16-2009, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Once the K5 gained the name Tahoe in 92 or w/e, and same with the GMC Yukon, the K5 designation sort of died off. Those trucks now have more in common with Silverado's, Cheyenne's, Sierra's, and what not, and nothing in common with the S-series SUV's other than the emblem on the grille.

The reason your question was taken down is that this forum isn't actually about Full-Size trucks, the thing with the K5's is that they bore the Blazer name, your Tahoe was born a separate and new animal from that family. You'd have much better luck on GMTF in the appropriate section.

*SIDENOTE* Don't take this the wrong way but, just because your question got shot down, don't shoot down what you consider not to be "Real Blazers"...

Old 12-16-2009, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

x2 The old blazer is dead. Long live the Blazer!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:28 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Like some of the other guys said this is more of an S10 blazer forum. I would take a look at gm truck forum, there might even be a tahoe forum out there. Also even as the blazers slowly fade away. There are still people out there that own them and this is a great forum full of info for those people that may need help fixing on up. I personaly love my blazer and dont plan on ever getting rid of it. I will use this forum to help me keep it going forever no matter what it takes.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:01 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I agree on keeping the Blazer, I'd like a 5.3L V8 in it with a 6spd man one day... mmmmmm.

Last edited by rriddle3; 12-17-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: REFERENCING DELETED POST

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is a Blazer and is it a dead vehicle.